Chapter 36 - The Announcement Video

The next day, Joe went off to the set without me. We didn't think it was right for me to come to set uninvited. Especially on a huge movie like this. I stayed home for most of the day, spending it in a large, oversized sweater and my underwear. I didn't feel like going outside today. It was a lovely English summer day, but I just didn't want to leave the apartment. I watched The Great British Bake Off and a bunch of other shows off Netflix that were all based around Britain. I watched some British comedies and shows, just to get it through my head that I was now living in this country for six months.

It was a lovely day indoors. A day that I would have killed for in those 6 weeks Joe was gone. I was just so busy doing covers and backlogging videos that I barely had any time to breathe, let alone relax. I opened my laptop and uploaded a new cover. The first one from London. But, none of my fans knew that. They didn't know I left for London. For all they know, I'm a single woman living in LA. I left them in the dark for a reason. If they knew that all this was happening while I was still figuring it all out, then everyone would be on my back. Wanting to give me advice or give hate comments about my decisions. I just wasn't ready for that. And I knew I would have to face them eventually.

Joe and I agreed that tonight would be the night that we filmed our relationship announcement video. It would go up next week, but I needed time to make sure it was perfect and showed how happy we truly were in this relationship. At around 6 o'clock, the front door unlocked and I realized that the day went by super fast. I got up off the couch to meet him by the front door. I got to the threshold of the living room doorway and stopped. I gave him a small smile as he put his keys on the end table by the door.

"How was driving on the wrong side of the road?" I asked. Teasing him about it.

"Difficult. I kept veering into the next lane. Thankfully, there weren't that many people on the roads." He walked up to me and put his arm around my waist and lazily kissed me on the lips. "How are you?" he asked, still holding me.

"I'm good," I said. "Just enjoying some relaxation time." I was actually enjoying it a lot.

"Is that the reason for this outfit?" He asked. I nodded and laughed. "It's nice, I like it." He kissed my cheek and he walked into the kitchen.

"Easy access," I joked, mimicking his favorite line when I wasn't wearing pants.

"Truly," he retorted. He grabbed a glass from a shelf and started to fill it up with water. "Hey, did you say something to Brian yesterday? I mean, other than the meeting I was there for?" He seemed concerned. I hadn't told Joe about the interaction because I didn't want him to get in trouble because of me. And I knew if I told him, he would feel responsible to apologize to all the people I might have offended by my actions. I was worried about why he brought this up. I thought I screwed up bad.

"Yeah, kinda, why did I do something wrong?" I was genuinely worried. My face dropped into a serious one. I didn't know if I had screwed up really bad or not.

"No, you didn't. It's just that..." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?" I asked.

"He asked where you were. Like, by name and everything. Not just where my girlfriend was, but where was Julie. I didn't think you made that big of an impression, but I guess you did. He and Roger agreed that you can come to set anytime you want. Every day, actually if you want to." He had a confused look on his face the whole time he talked. "I just, I didn't know they liked you that much. I mean, I know I like you that much, but they only met you for a minute."

"Well..." I started. Joe looked up at me, hoping for some kind of answer to what made these Queen men so interested in me. "I can't speak for Roger because I only talked to him when you were around, but I did talk to Brian again." Joe raised an eyebrow at me. I walked over to the counter and sat on it. I let out a big sigh. "While you were changing out of your Deacy costume, I..." I said the next part fast. Hoping that he wouldn't catch what I was saying. "I went up onto the stage and I started playing Freddie's piano and I played Bohemian Rhapsody. I guess, Brian was still up there for some reason and he heard me playing and he said he really liked it and he told me he wouldn't tell anyone that I was up there." I gave a gritted teethed smile at Joe.