Chapter 47 - Bad News and A Date

Warnings: broad talk of sexual assault (first part of the chapter), dominating rough sex (second part)

Over the next month or so, the director, Bryan Singer, began disappearing. He began not showing up on filming days, causing the project to be behind. Not filming when they were supposed to made everyone mad and confused. Joe and I spent a lot of time together during that period. We would stay at home and relax, treating it like a mini vacation in the middle of filming.

Joe would explain to me that this wasn't precedent for a big movie like this. Even when he directed his own movie, if they took a day off, it cost the production company money. It made no sense to take days off like this just because the director wasn't showing up. Then the big news came out. It got to us through Rami. He showed up at our apartment one day. Knocking on the door. I answered it.

"Rami," I said a little confused and excited to see him. It had been about two and a half weeks since anything had been filmed. So, I had missed him.

"Can I come in? I know I wasn't invited, but I have something to tell both of you," Rami said shyly.

"Of course, you're always welcome, come in, come in," you ushered Rami inside and led him into the living room. Joe was sitting on the couch waiting for me to come back so we could finish the movie we were watching. "Joe," he looked up at me. "Rami's here."

"What?" he asked, standing up from his seat. Rami entered the room. Joe came over and gave him a hug. "Hey, what's up? How's it going?" he asked. Slyly trying to get to Rami's purpose here.

"Sorry to barge in like this, but I got some news that I needed to share with you guys." They broke the hug and Joe gestured toward a chair.

"Alright, do the other guys know?" Joe asked. He could tell that whatever it was, it was important. Otherwise, Rami would have just called us.

"Yeah, they know. But, I wanted to tell you two in person. It only felt right." You could tell that this was very serious. You sat down on the couch, Joe followed and sat next to you. Rami sat in the other chair in the room and sighed. "Okay," he started. He adjusted in his chair and looked at us. "I think the easiest way is to just come out and say it. Bryan Singer has been accused of sexual assault."

"What?" Joe blurted out. I was speechless and I felt my heart sank. Rami nodded.

"Apparently, there were some accusations that were never checked when he signed on to the project. But, these new claims are confirmed." He clarified. Joe reached over and grabbed my hand, just to have something to hold on to. "And he has been fired from the project." There was a long pause. No one could believe that this was happening.

"So what does this mean?" I asked. "Like, what happens to the movie?"

"Well, they're going to hire a new director by the end of the week. So, the movie will still continue to film." I gave a sigh of relief. I wanted the movie to finish. I didn't want it to be thrown in the trash because of the actions of one person.

"We'll be back at work by the end of the week?" Joe asked. Rami nodded.

"That's the plan," he responded.

"We'll have to make up for so much lost time," Joe mumbled to himself. I rubbed my thumb on the back of his hand. Trying to comfort him. He knew how this all worked because he had done his own movie.

"Now you see why I wanted to tell you in person," Rami said. "There's going to be a phone call from the production company telling you, but Brian May called me this morning. And I felt like I needed to tell you guys. I didn't want to leave you all in the dark," I nodded.