Chapter 49 - The Anniversary

Warning: SMUT (It's their anniversary. Can you blame them?)

----------

On the morning of December 1st, I was woken up by Joe's alarm. I groggily half opened my eyes and watched Joe grunt and turn off the alarm. I turned over in bed and wrapped my arms around him. He kissed the top of my head as I smiled with closed eyes.

"Morning, honey," he said in a gravely tone of voice.

"Good morning," I replied.

"Do you know what today is?" he asked. I sighed against him.

"Mm-hmm," I hummed with a smile. I rested my head against his chest. "Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary," he repeated. I looked up at Joe and gave him a kiss on the lips. It was slow and dragged out. Our tired lips lingering on each other's in a loving matter. I pulled away and just stared into his eyes.

"One year," I sighed. "Insane." I chuckled with a smile.

"And I love you just as much as day one, if not more," Joe said as he softly kissed my forehead.

"Aww," I reacted. "How adorable."

"That's me, always being adorable," Joe said. I laughed as I nuzzled my face further into his chest. "I got you something. I know you usually don't like gifts, but I couldn't help myself. This is such a special occasion."

"What is it?" I asked. I didn't mind that he had gotten me something because I had also gotten him something.

"Wait here," he said as he shifted out from under me. I retracted my arm and sat up against the headboard. I reached over and grabbed my glasses off the nightstand so that I could actually see what the present was. Joe walked over to his dresser, opening the top drawer and rifling through his clothes to find a box. He had tucked it far down so that I wouldn't see it if I had quickly opened the drawer. He smiled at the box before looking over at me sitting on the bed. He walked over and sat next to me on the edge of the bed. He handed me the box. "Here," he said with a bright smile on his face.

"Thank you," I whispered as I touched his arm. I turned my focus to the box. It was light blue like the one my princess ring came in. I could tell he got it from the same store. I untied the white bow and slowly flipped open the top. Sitting perfectly in the box was a silver chain attached to a silver crown. Inside the crown was a clear gem that shimmered in the dim light of our nightstand lamp. I gasped when I saw it. "Joe," I whispered, astonished that he was able to pick out things that I absolutely loved. "I love it." I leaned in and kissed him. Putting my hand on his cheek to pull him in closer.

"I'm glad you like it," he said.

"It matches the ring you got me." I looked over at the nightstand where the princess ring was sitting, waiting for me to wear it for the millionth day in a row.

"That was the point," Joe remarked. "Anything for my princess." I hummed with happiness at his words. Kissing him again. He pulled the box from my hands and took the necklace out of it. "Do you want to put it on?"

I nodded. He took the sides of the necklace in his hands, undoing the clip. I grabbed my hair into a loose ponytail. I turned so my back was facing him. He wrapped the necklace around my neck gently. Making sure that the cold metal was resting lightly and comfortably on my skin. He clipped the necklace shut and let his fingers rest on my neck. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the nape of my neck to signal that he was done. I let my hair go and stood up. I walked over to the mirror in the room and danced my fingers across the chain. Admiring how beautiful it looked on my neck. Joe came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, softly swaying back and forth and placing light kisses on my neck.