Chapter 46 - Pain and Jurassic Park

Warning: Blood and pain (There's a good amount of period talk in this chapter, just thought I would warn you.)

About a week later, I was sleeping in bed with Joe. It was the middle of the night, about 4 AM, and I woke up a bit to turn over. As I slowly came to, I noticed an uncomfortable wetness between my legs. Once my tired brain had deciphered what caused this feeling, my eyes shot open. I threw the covers off of me and I ran into the bathroom, hoping not to wake Joe in the process. I closed the door behind me as quickly and softly as I could. I switched on the light, closing my eyes so I could adjust to the light a little bit. I rushed over to the toilet, pulling my pants down and sitting down on the bowl.

As I thought, a big red splotch covered my panties. I rested my elbows on my legs and covered my face. Slowly rubbing it. I knew it was supposed to come soon, but I forgot about it and hadn't prepared myself. I slipped my pants off and inspected them. Thankfully, nothing got on my pajama pants. I threw them aside as I took off my panties and threw them into the sink. Once, I had cleaned myself up and put in a tampon from underneath the sink, I washed my panties and let them dry on the edge of the tub.

I switched the light off and walked back into the bedroom with my pajama pants in hand. Blindly searching for my underwear drawer to get a new pair. I finally found it and pulled out a random pair and slid them on along with my pants. I got back into bed, thankful that it didn't soak through my pants and onto the sheets so I didn't have to wake Joe up.

But, my nightmare wasn't over. My stomach was gurgling and, because I had been awake for a while and my system had a chance to start up like it was the morning, my cramps started. I was tossing and turning. Stretching myself out as far as I could and scrunching myself up into a small ball. Anything to relieve the pain. It felt like knives were digging into my stomach and uterus. Everything hurt. Then I felt a headache and some back pain set in. It was getting worse because I couldn't fall back asleep. So, I kept turning and moving.

I began to whine softly at the pain after about an hour or so. But it felt like forever. My arms clutching to my stomach to apply pressure that might alleviate the pain. But, nothing was working. And I knew that if I got up to get medicine and some water, it would only make them worse. So, I sat there and endured the pain.

A little while later, a particularly awful pain ran through my stomach, back, and head all at once. This made me grunt and whine louder than I wanted to as I tried to let it pass. I felt Joe turn over in bed. I let out another whine as it waved through me again. Sadly, this got Joe's attention.

"Everything okay over there?" he joked. It was odd that I wasn't sleeping against him. But, when I didn't answer and just kept whining softly, he knew something was very wrong. "Jule?" he asked being pulled from his sleepiness. He lifted himself onto his elbows to try and see my face. I didn't look at him. I was too focused on the pain. I squeezed my eyes closed some more and I could feel them starting to tear up. He got out of bed and kneeled on the ground next to me. He gently placed his fingertips on my upper arm. He knew not to touch me that much when I was like this. "Do you need me to get you some medicine?" he asked. I nodded slowly. Thankfully, I could feel the pain slowly starting to go away. Joe reappeared soon after with two aspirins and a glass filled with cold water. I tried to sit myself up, but it only resulted in another sharp pain. I crunched myself back into a ball as Joe stood there, trying to find another option. He placed the medicine and water down on the table and looked back at me with open arms. "May I?" he asked.

I nodded. I didn't know what he was going to do, but if it meant that I didn't need to move, I was all for it. He slowly rolled me onto my back and snaked his arms underneath my back and legs to sit me up. He lifted me and rested my head against the headboard. It didn't hurt and I was now in a position to take the aspirin.