Chapter 21 - Getting Ready

Warning: Contains some smut. Just a little bit.

I walked down the strip some. Passing by hotel after hotel before I get to where I wanted. Caesar's Palace. The sun was setting outside and it made me giddy to know that the next time I would be outside, I would get to see Vegas at night. I walked around the lobby of the hotel, hoping I could find the entrance to the huge mall that I remembered was attached. Eventually, I asked someone at the front desk who pointed me in the right direction.

Once I made it down the long hallway and opened the door to enter the actual mall, I was greeted by a huge fountain with elegant statues in the middle. The statues depicted Roman gods sitting around in a Parthenon looking area. It was quite breath-taking. Having admired it for a while, I walked on. Trying to find a store that I could buy a nice dress in. I passed multiple stores, looking at the mannequins in the shop windows and lowering my standards of what I should be looking for. I wanted something nice that would also be nice to look at, but most of these stores were selling dresses with barely any material on them. I think they knew who their clientele was.

I ended up going into this one store that had a dress I really liked in the window. It was a gold sequin dress with a wide neckline, long sleeves, and a shortcut. I went into the store and found it immediately without anyone's help. I grabbed it and went into one of the fitting rooms. The only downside to this dress was that it hugged my figure. I didn't own one piece of fancy clothing that hugged my figure because I was too self-conscious about it, but I was on vacation in a place where no one cared what I wore or how I looked in it.

I put on the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't look half bad. The dress, thankfully, hugged the right parts of my body like my hips, chest, and waist, but flattered the parts of my body I didn't want it to accentuate like my stomach. I tried to pull the hemline down, but the dress stopped short. It was cut much shorter than I had hoped. When I put my hands down by my sides to measure its length, it stopped at the part of my hand where my fingers met my palm. Seemingly too short, but I kept saying to myself that this was my vacation and a birthday present. Plus, I don't think I was going to find anything more conservative anywhere near here.

I stared at myself one more time, turning and glancing at the dress from all angles. I kept thinking about how much Joe was going to like the dress. I would probably end up wearing it a couple more times, even if it was just to take it right back off again. I smiled and blushed at the idea of Joe undressing me with his eyes when he sees me wearing it for the first time. The more I looked at the dress, the more I realized how good I looked in it. I undressed and got my clothes back on. I left the dressing room and spotted some shoes that would go perfectly with the dress. Some black sequin shoes to go with the gold sequin dress. I liked it a lot.

I brought both items up to the counter and paid for them with the card Joe gave me. The total came to about half of the card's total. It made me happy to know I could give the card back to Joe with some money still left on it. I walked out of the store and back toward the fountain. I decided to sit and look at it for a while. The art and detail in the sculptures blew me away. This was why I loved Vegas. The hidden treasures that you stumble upon. The places you didn't know were there but ended up seeing through some sort of circumstances. There are adventures and amazingness around every corner and it drew me to this city.

After about 10 minutes, I got up and made my way back to the hotel. Hyping myself up for tonight and looking at the beautiful lights around me. Thankfully, Joe didn't just spring this clubbing idea on me last minute. He gave me a bit of time to prepare myself, even if it was just a few hours. I was so lost in thought that I had made my way to our floor in the hotel without consciously knowing. It was just muscle memory from all the times I had been to this city and hotel before. As I walked up to our room, I rummaged around in my purse and pockets for a room key. The door was getting closer and I couldn't find it. Then, I realized I had left without ever taking one. I knocked on the door.