Chapter 9 - The Phone Call

The next morning, I awoke to the light from my windows shining in my eyes. Instead of flinching it away, I turned over and just smiled as I slowly woke up. I could still imagine and 'feel' Joe's kiss on my cheek. The warmth that shot through my body when his lips touched my face was something I wouldn't be able to forget for a while. I sat on the edge of my bed and checked my phone. I don't usually check my comments, but I thought that I should today. Most of the comments had questions about my new living situation. Was I in an apartment or a house? How far away from LA was I? How did it feel to be living on my own instead of with a roommate? Pretty good questions from a comment section that usually bashes my voice. I have been known to do a stream where I answer any questions that people have and I hadn't done one in a while. This seemed like the perfect time, and people most certainly had burning questions that they wanted to ask me.

I opened twitter and I tweeted, "Q&A Livestream in two hours! Bring some zingers." I close my phone and got dressed. I put on some skinny jeans with a couple of rips in them along with a dark gray Nintendo sweater that was very warm. I liked keeping my apartment colder than normal because it reminded me of the cold of Chicago. Either way, I had decided to kill some time before beginning the stream and so I looked at Joe's IMDB one more time. Was there something in here that I could watch? I scrolled through all of his acting credits and I realized just how long he had been acting for. He was consistently acting even before Jurassic Park, and other than that one movie when he was a kid, I had no idea if he was even a good actor. I suppose he had to be if he kept getting all of these awesome parts.

Then I saw it, The Pacific. It almost stared me down. I had told Gio that I wouldn't watch it, but I wanted to. I wanted to support my friend and now I wanted to watch the guy I liked in it as well. It seemed like enough of a reason to watch a show. I found the full series online and sat down to watch the first episode. For most of the episode, it centered around a character that wasn't Joe and Joe wasn't anywhere to be seen. Where is he? I thought to myself, He got second billing on IMDB. He has to be a big part of this series. Then, right before the episode ended, I saw him. His character was getting checked by a doctor in order to determine if he goes into the Marines. When he appeared on screen, I gasped. It's a feeling that I had never felt before. I know that I have been friends with an actor since we were in high school, but seeing someone who I knew on screen in a pretty big TV show was something new entirely. He also looked a lot younger than he did now. He is still really cute, but just a different kind of cute.

He was only in the episode for about 5 minutes, but I already liked him. I had a habit of falling in love hard with actors I knew I would never meet, so this was dangerous. I knew Joe in real life and I would see him again, hopefully. If I fell in love with him like I had for many other actors and he doesn't feel the same way, I could embarrass myself in front of him. Rejection and embarrassment are truly the scariest experiences in the world.

I checked my watch and I only had about 20 minutes before I said the stream would begin. I closed my laptop and walked into my music room. With my desktop finally on, I began setting up the stream. And when the moment came, I clicked to make the stream live. Slowly, people began entering the stream and started commenting every variation of 'hello' that you can imagine.

"Hey everyone! Welcome to the first LA Q&A stream!" I read some of the chat but it was still just a bunch of 'hellos'. I guess I should keep talking then. "So I thought that we could start with some questions and then maybe I could play some songs for you guys if we have time. We'll see what happens, but I have a feeling that you guys have a lot of questions." I keep reading the chat as I speak, and I see the first question. "Ok, here we go. How does it feel to live in LA? Well, it's fun so far. I haven't met any big celebrity or anything like that, but I like it here. Well, I like it right here, in my apartment, and my friend's apartment. The traffic sucks, but that's just something I'll have to get used to. I did see someone ask on my video if I was in a house or an apartment, and I'm in an apartment. I don't have enough money to buy a house yet."