Chapter 29 - A Sudden Phone Call

Warning: SMUT (Masturbating, Phone Sex, and some light kinky stuff. Enjoy!)

A week later, I woke up early without rhyme or reason. I just couldn't sleep. It was about 1 pm, but with the adjustment to my sleeping schedule, it was like waking up at 7 am and not being able to go back to sleep. I could tell that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, so I just accepted it and got up to get myself ready. I took a hot shower, hoping that the water might coax me back to sleep, but it only made me wake up more.

I blow dried my hair and brushed through it slowly. I was listening to the silence in my apartment. Sometimes it would be silent like this when Joe was here, but that would be because he was watching me do something. Edit, draw, play some music. He really liked to watch me brush my hair. I think he found it calming in some ways. Just staring at me as I mindlessly did the task. He would always have a look of love in his eyes. I would always catch him and he would flash me a small smile and I would smile and laugh back before going back to brushing.

I peeked in the mirror to where he usually sat and watched me. Nothing. No one. It still made me sad, but I just had to wait two more weeks. Two more weeks and I could touch him and kiss him and love him again. My heart ached at the fact that I couldn't kiss him right now. I finished brushing without looking at myself and threw on a purple bra and some gray panties. I rummaged through my drawers to find the pair of shorts I wanted to wear. I stopped when my hand hit a pair of black with white trim runner's shorts that were extremely comfortable. Joe had said that my ass looked great in them and he couldn't help but touch me when I wore them. I imagined his hands on me as I pulled the shorts from the drawer.

I decided to wear them, even if it was just a shy excuse to pretend he was with me. As I snapped the waistband across my belly button and hips, my phone began ringing. I walked over to the nightstand and looked to see who it was. It was Joe, of course, Facetiming me. It was early for both of us, but I wasn't going to decline a call from him. I picked up my phone and positioned it so that he might not tell that I wasn't wearing a shirt yet.

I swiped and answered the call as I sat on the corner of my bed. Joe was sitting on his bed with his head against the headboard. He had very obviously just woken up and his face seemed to be slightly pained. He rubbed it and looked at the phone with a hint of shock.

"You answered?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "I couldn't sleep anymore. Kind of strange for me, I know." I took another look at the hint of pain flashing across his face. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Why'd you call?" I was just concerned about him.

"It's nothing," He replied, rubbing his face again. "Well, I guess it's not nothing if I called. But, it's nothing important. I guess, I don't know." He seemed frazzled, but it didn't tell me what was wrong.

"Well, what is it? Tell me." I replied with a laugh. I smiled and tried to look and sound as inviting as possible. He shot me a glance that said Really?. I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Last night," he sighed. "Last night, I had a dream about you." I kept looking at his face, but he wasn't looking at me all the time. He wasn't keeping eye contact.

"Ok. What was it about?" I asked, hoping that he would keep talking.

"Well, I guess it was a dream but I guess it could also be called..." He paused for a second, not wanting to say the next words. "A fantasy?" He shrugged and sighed. "God, I'm sorry, I don't know why I called you. This is dumb." He started shaking his head.

"No, it's not. Not at all." He stared at me and then looked away again. I had finally put two and two together. "Are you hard?" I asked, trying to comfort him and invite him to tell me what this fantasy was about. He smiled and rubbed his face again.