Chapter 9

Hazels POV
Isabelle appeared at my doorstep, with a tear stained face and her penny board in her hand.

I embraced her in a hug and she cried on my shoulder.

'Please.....say it's not....true' she sobbed.

'I don't know Izzie' I said sadly. I grabbed her hand and dragged her into my kitchen. Luckily, it was empty.

I opened the freezer and took some Ben and Jerry's ice cream and two spoons from the cupboard. What are friends for?

I handed her a spoon and ripped open the ice cream tub.

'Here' I said, digging in.

After 15 minutes of being fatties, Izzies phone started vibrating and vibrating. She took it out of her pocket and had 5 missed calls from Nash. She buried her head in her hands and he rang again.

I picked it up and put it on speaker.

'What-' Izzie whispered, but I stopped her.

'Isabelle, I swear I didn't-' I cut Nash off.

'It's Hazel' I said plainly.

'Can...can you put Isabelle on the phone?' Nash asked quietly.

I looked at Isabelle for approval and she nodded, moving her phone closer to herself.

'Yeah Nash?' Izzie said.

'Isabelle, I promise nothing happened between me and Aria. I was walking on the beach on my phone and I saw Carter, and I really didn't want to see him, but he saw me and started following me, attempting to make me talk to him. Then I bumped into Aria and she started flirting with me and she put her arms around me but I pushed her off, but Carter already got a picture, and that son of a bitch ran off. I swear I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you. I love you Isabelle Jones! I hated life without you. Don't leave me for something I didn't do. Your amazing and perfect and so kind and caring and funny and smart, and don't ever think your not. I love you so much! Isabelle....'

'I...Im not sure if...if I believe you Nash..' Isabelle said.

I looked at her shocked. I thought she would forgive him instantly.

'I....Why don't you believe me?' Nash sobbed.

'I love you aswell Nash, but I....You have no proof and I don't want to run back to you if you're going to hurt me again...' Izzie cried.

This is so difficult to sit through.

'I'll never hurt you again, I-' Nash said, but that's when I left. I had to leave them alone. I went into my room and started texting Cameron. Then I heard my front door open and close and Nash's low voice emerge from the kitchen.

After a lot of eavesdropping and failing, I heard a bang. It wasn't any bang. It was the sound of a slap. Did Nash just hit Izzie!? If he did, I will kill him! I ran downstairs to see Isabelle clutching her cheek. It was bright red. Nash was in front of her apologising. He was in tears.

'Get out, you bastard!' I yelled at him.

He protested but reluctantly left after me screaming at him.

I held Izzie in my arms.

'Nash....' was all she could say.

After a couple of minutes she finally said 'I still love him'

*******sorry it's short, I'll write more