Chapter 35

Song-Mine-Tatiana Manaois

-2 weeks later-

Cameron's POV

'Stop tickling me!' Hazel squealed, flinching away from me. I laughed and stopped, making her relax.

'So, two weeks and Aaron is already with Zoe' I said, starting conversation.

She nodded silently.

'How are you holding up?' I asked her, putting my arm around her shoulder.

She out her head down. 'I don't even know. It's official now, I guess. My mom and dad are never getting back together and my mom and Micheal are definitely going steady' she told me.

'I'm sorry. Y'know, about your dad and all' I said, kissing her soft cheek.

She smiled, but I could see it was fake. She didn't need all this stress. She has a broken family and her mom is already with another guy and she already has a brother. It's going to fast for her.

'Did I tell you my mom said Micheal and Aaron are moving in with us when we get back to New York?' she asked.

I looked at her, wide eyed. 'Moving in? Wow, they're getting pretty serious' I said, then realised that wasn't the best thing to say.

'I know! That's the problem!' she said, holding her head in her hands.

'It's okay. I told you, I'll come visit you whenever I can, okay? Cheer up' I said, lifting her chin with my finger, making her face me. I looked into her big blue-green eyes and leaned in to kiss her. She kissed me back and our lips moved in sync. I swear, everytime I kiss her, I get butterflies. I love that feeling.

Aaron's POV

I held her hand in mine as we walked up to the beach café. Zoe and I had just sat on the beach for an hour and talked. I loved talking to Zoe. I really do like her. She looked up at me and pecked my cheek, making me blush all over.

We entered the café and found a table for two over by the window, overlooking the sea. We sat down and ordered fries and two Cokes.

'So you and your dad are moving in with Hazel when summer ends?' Zoe asked me, staring at me with her brown eyes.

'Yeah. It's okay, I guess. At least I'm not moving state. Hazel and I get along, but I think she misses her dad...' I replied.

Zoe nodded, understanding. Just then, the waitress arrived with our food.

5 minutes later, Jack J, Jack G, Aria, Hannah and Abi entered the café and sat down. Everyone else didn't see us but Jack J. He gave us the evil stare as he sat down with the rest of them.

Zoe looked away, clearly embarrassed.

'Are you okay? Do you want to leave?' I asked her, breaking the stare between Johnson and I.

She shook her head. 'Just because he's here, doesn't mean we can't be' she replied, but she still looked uncomfortable. After we finished our food, we began gathering our things and leaving.

'Hey, Aaron!' a voice yelled behind me. Johnson was running up to me.

'Can I talk to you? Alone?' he asked me, glaring at Zoe.

'Uh, yeah, sure' I said, following him outside. We walked over to the side of the café. Once we were out of sight of Zoe and everyone else, Jack pinned me against the wall.

'Woah! Jesus, Jack, what's your problem?!' I said, holding me hands up, as if I was surrendering.

'You took Zoe from me!' Jack said, through gritted teeth.

'Sorry, but she's not your property!' I snapped back, not wanting to stay here any longer.

Jack pushed me even harder into the brick wall. 'I love her and you stole her, you piece of shit. You think you're amazing and that you can walk on into California and steal MY Zoe, but you're wrong, Aaron!' he hissed at me.

I rolled my eyes, fed up of this.

'She's going out with me now Jack. Calm your man titties' I said, smirking at him.

Suddenly, Jack threw a punch and hit me straight in the jaw. I got out of his grip and felt my jaw. It hurt really bad.

'What the hell?!' I said, pissed off.

'I love Zoe and you're just using her as another one of your pointless girlfriends that you don't care about. Go back to New York, asshole!' Jack said and spat in my direction.

Okay, I was mad as heck. What makes Jack think since he went out with Zoe, that she's his property. She's going out with me now. Or else that's what I thought.

That night, Zoe broke up with me. She said the thing between her and Jack is "too complicated". Yeah right. Well, I guess Zoe and I are done now. No point fighting it. It's true and it's what I have to live with now.

Jack J's POV

Why the hell did I punch him? That was stupid, I have to admit. I took that way too far. Now Zoe will never get back with me.

I really do love Zoe. The whole reason we broke up is because she said "she needed a break" and "we should see other people". I never wanted us to break up. I still want her. Is that bad?

I walked home by myself, because I felt sorry for punching Aaron and I couldn't face anyone. He's the new kid. I shouldn't have hit him.

When I got home, I went straight to bed. It was only 9pm but I was tired. The only thing that kept me awake was my phone blowing up. Who was texting me?

I checked my phone and found that I had 3 new messages from Abi.

A- Heeyyyy xx

A- What's up? xx

A- U ok? xx

What was she texting me for? Abi never texts me.

J- Ya, I'm fine, why?

A- Gillinsky said he saw Aaron come at you, so to stop him, you punched him. xx

J- Nope, G is wrong. I just punched Aaron.

A- Why? xx

J- I was mad.

A- Ok. But why were you mad? xx

J- Abi, I don't want to talk about it, ok?

A- :(

J- I'm sorry. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

A- ok 😏 xx

My phone screen went black once I pressed the lock button, and I set it on my bedside table. This is just the start of the rumours..

*******

Short chapter, but don't worry, please keep reading, there's going to be big things coming up in the story. I just don't want to rush into it. Thanks for reading 😘