Chapter 36

Song-This Melody-Tatiana Manaois

Abi's POV

I love waking up on a Saturday. Even though it's summer and there's no school, Saturdays still have the good feeling about them, in my opinion.

I sat on my bed and one word came to my head. Jack.

I really like him. And he punched Aaron! What a bad boy 😏.

I used to like Cameron, but him and Hazel are pretty serious now. And Jack...Jack is just amazing. And he's not with Zoe anymore.

I rose from my bed and hopped into the shower.

I got out of the warm shower and texted Hannah that I would meet her in half an hour. We said we'd hang out at hers today, because her parents are gone for the weekend.

I got into black leggings and a red sweatshirt. I put on my high top converse and applied some light mascara and concealer. I fixed my brown hair and exited the door, taking my phone and money from my bedside table before I left.

'Hey Abi!' Hannah yelled, opening the door for me. We hugged and I strolled into her house. We ran up into Hannah's bedroom and I jumped on her bed while she flopped down in her bean bag chair.

'Um Abi..?' Hannah said, acting slightly awkward.

I looked at her and smiled.

'I kinda need to tell you something...personal..' she mumbled. I sat up, interested.

'Yeah, anything. What is it?' I said.

'I.....um...Oh god.' she said.

'I..I-I think I'm.....gay..' She said, looking up at me, blushing.

She's...shes gay? What the hell?

'What the fuck Hannah!?' I yelled. What the hell, that's so weird. Does that mean she likes me?

(A/N I just want to say that I'm all for gay rights and everything, and I'm not homophobic. I just made Abi like this for the story)

'I....i just needed to tell y-you. Please don't tell anyone' Hannah said, nearly in tears. She squinted her eyes, holding back tears.

'Get the hell away from me!' I shouted, getting up and running out of her house. Why would she tell me that? She's such a freak. I never want to hang out with her again.

I ran all the way, not to my house, but to Johnsons. He needed to hear this.

Jack was just leaving his house when I got there.

'Jack! I need to tell you something!' I shouted, racing towards him.

She looked at me, surprised. I reached him, out of breath.

'Hannah's gay' I said, panting slightly.

Jack looked at me plainly. 'Okay. That's good' he said.

'Aren't you weirded out?' I asked him.

'No. It's her life, let her do what she wants. I gotta go now. Bye Abi' Jack said, walking away from me.

I sighed. Seriously, how is he not creeped out?

Hannah's POV

I cried and cried, wiping the damp tears with the sleeve of my sweater.

How could Abi say those things? I thought she was my best friend?! Best friends are supposed to help and support each other, and understand them. Abi was just plain mean.

I told her my biggest secret. She's probably going to tell everyone, knowing Abi. I'm done for. Let the bullying begin.

I lay on my bed on my side and sobbed my eyes out. I felt so weird and different than anyone else. Why do I have to feel this way. Why can't i be normal like everyone else?

I've lost a respect I had for Abi. She hurt me, saying those cruel things. I tried to tell her how I honestly feel and she made me feel like shit.

Hazel's POV

'Aaron, why are you putting frozen vegetables on your jaw?' I asked, very confused.

Aaron was leaning up against the fridge, holding everything that's in the freezer up to his jaw. He looked up at me.

'Uh...um...' he said, glancing down at the tiles of the kitchen floor.

'C'mon Aaron, just tell me! Did someone hit you?' I asked, certain that wasn't the case.

Aaron stayed silent. 'Someone hit you?!' I shouted, unable to believe someone punched him.

He nodded, not even looking me in the eye.

Who? And why?' I asked him.

'Jack....because of me and Zoe..' he muttered.

'Jack Johnson?!' I asked, shocked. Jack is so sweet.

Aaron nodded silently.

'Wait, didn't you and Zoe break up last night?' I asked him.

'He punched me before she broke up with me' he mumbled.

'Why didn't you tell me sooner?' I said.

'Because it's none of your business!' Aaron said, his voice getting louder and angrier.

Woah, calm your shit, man.

'Fine!' I yelled back, storming out. Sorry for trying to be a good sister.

I trudged up the stairs to my room and sat down on my desk chair. I checked my phone and had some Twitter and Instagram notifications and two messages. One from Cameron and one from Lucy.

'Hey cutie 😘' Cam texted me. Awh.

'Hey brotch, where u at? Hehe, Izzie told me that word' Lucy texted me. I laughed at her text, replying with 'In da ghetto, brotch 😉'.

I replied to Cams text also and then plugged my phone into it's speaker, blaring out Tatiana Manaois and Troye Sivan.

Just then, there was a quiet knock on my door.

'Come in' I said. Aaron popped his head around the door and entered, sitting down on my desk chair.

'I'm sorry....for yelling' Aaron blurted out. He felt bad about getting mad? He's so nice.

'It's fine. Siblings are meant to fight, I guess' I said, winking at the siblings part. I admitted it to myself, that Aaron and I becoming brother and sister is going to happen, whether I like it or not.

She grinned at me. 'So, we cool?' he asked, getting up. I nodded, smiling with my teeth.

We exited my room, closing my picture invested door on the way out.