Chapter 41

Song-Epic Pop-Follow me

3 weeks later....

Hazels POV

I can't believe that there's only a week left in summer. It went so fast. I'll have to admit though, this was the most memorable summer so far. So much shit went down.

I got up out of bed and walked downstairs. My mom and Micheal were packing away some things already. My mom always wants to be early.

It was Saturday today and we were leaving next Sunday. I hope that the week stays drama free so none of us leave feeling like shit.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Micheal proposed to my mom. Yeah, proposed. They've only been together for almost three months I think. They move fast.

What's the wait, I guess. My dads out of he picture. I haven't seen him since he's left. My mom always shakes it off whenever I ask about him.

Aaron and I have gotten really close recently. I always thought having a brother would be awful. Having them be mean to you, having the whole house a mess because of them or just them being really loud and annoying. But no, Aaron is such a sweet brother.

'Want any help?' I asked Micheal as he was putting random stuff into a cardboard box.

'No, I'm fine, thanks Hazel' Micheal said, smiling at me. I smiled back and walked into the kitchen.

Aaron was in there, eating an apple.

'Hey' he said cheerfully. 'Hi' I replied, getting myself an apple also.

'Are you sad to be leaving?' he asked me, biting into his apple.

'Yeah, I guess' I began 'I'll miss my friends but I won't-' 'Miss the drama' Aaron finished.

I nodded. I was going to miss getting up at whatever time I wanted aswell, and having the beach right outside. In New York, when you walk outside it's cold with business men walking around with coffee.

'Hey, are you coming to the campfire at the beach tonight?' I asked him.

'I think so' he replied. There was always campfire around the last week of the summer. It's just a tradition, I guess.

I decided to go get dressed and see Cameron. I put on a turquoise crop top with dark denim high waisted shorts and my black vans. Taking my phone and money with me, I walked out the door.

I called for Cameron, but his mom said that him, Cierra, Carter and Lucy had gone to Zoe's. I thanked her and started walking down the street to Zoe's.

Cierra opened her door and let me in. Zoe was crying on her sofa and Carter, Cameron and Lucy were consoling her.

'What's wrong?' I asked, rushing over to a tearful Zoe.

Zoe couldn't even speak to me, she was crying so much.

'She said her parents are thinking of selling their summer house here' Carter explained.

'Oh my God, that's awful!' I said, hugging her.

'I-I can't leave. I don't w-want to l-leave you guys' Zoe sobbed. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Cierra went to open it and Jack J and Taylor were there.

'Cierra's sister said you guys were here' Taylor explained. He then noticed Zoe.

'Oh my God, Zoe, what's wrong?' Taylor said sadly.

Jack J ran past Cierra and rushed over to Zoe.

'What's wrong Zo?' he said, cupping her cheeks.

Wait, aren't they broken up?

'I-I might b-be selling our s-summer house here' Zoe cried, holding Jack's hand. Awh cute ❤️

'What!?' Taylor and Jack said at the exact same time.

Zoe cried even louder, the tears rolling down her cheeks.

Jack held her close and she cried into his shoulder.

'I thought they weren't speaking to each other?' Taylor whispered to me.

'Same' I whispered back. 'I guess she's just upset and he's here' I whispered.

'Please don't leave Zo' Johnson whispered to Zoe.

'I don't want to Jack' she replied.

Okay, what the hell is going on? I thought they were broken up? I had to say something.

'I thought you guys broke up?' I said aloud. Zoe and Jack both looked at me then looked at each other.

'Not anymore' Zoe mumbled, staring into Jacks eyes. Jack stared at her, wide eyed.

'You really wanna get back together?!' he asked her.

She nodded, smiling cutely at him. He grinned back and kissed her.

'Awh cute!' Carter said in his girliest voice. I laughed at him.

'That...that makes it harder for me to leave though' Zoe said sadly.

'I don't give a damn. I have you back and we can make it work' Jack said, staying positive. Zoe grinned at him and they embraced each other in a hug.

'The feels!' I said, throwing my hands up in the air.

'So, who's going to the campfire tonight?' Carter asked everyone, glancing around the room. Everyone either said 'me' or raised their hand.

This is going to be a good campfire. I don't even know why, but I can tell.

Hannah's POV

I've rarely gone outside since the incident at the House. I just couldn't face anyone. I just feel unwanted.

I suppose this week is the last week of the summer holidays. I need to see everyone. Wait, the campfire! It's tonight. Maybe I'll go. I'll definitely avoid "some" people though. But I want to see everyone else. I guess it won't be that bad.

*******

Short chapter, sorry!