5. Lou you scared me

Lou's POV

After telling Cheryl about her father shit actually went down. Clifford Blossom committed suicide within seconds, hanging himself in the little farm they had, between their maple syrup. 

Even more exciting was that finally the dark secret of the Blossom family was revealed. Clifford dealt drugs, he stashed them in the maple syrup containers and Jason found out about it so that's why his own father ended his life. 

Of course, Jughead made me go to Pop's with him so he could write his novel in the neon lights of our all too favorite diner. 

After everything had calmed down Jug and I made it to the police station to talk to our father. 

"So, Blossom was the kingpin. He funneled drugs through Riverdale and shipped them out. What the mayor and I care about is the local component of Blossom's business. Someone is selling drugs here in Riverdale, mostly in the Southside, but, he started to cross the tracks recently too", the Sherrif explained to our dad while Jughead and I leaned against a wall and watched the scenery in front of us. 

Our dad let out a slight scoff, "And you think it's the Serpents?". "Who else? So here's the deal. You feed us names, tell me who's pushing the dope, and mayor, the DA have a chat, maybe he'd be inclined to offer you a lesser sentence", the Sherrif explained. 

"The Serpents don't get into the hard stuff. It's dime-bags of weed. And I'm no snitch", of course, our dad wasn't a snitch. 

"FP, if you don't help us and your case goes to trial, there will be no leniency. You'll be looking at twenty years in a federal penitentiary for your part in the cover-up of Jason Blossom's murder", was the Sherrif seriously threatening my father?

*

Later Jughead and I went to school even though I wasn't really feeling it. 

"Hey, can we meet today?", Reggie asked catching up with me. "I don't know, I have to see okay?", I asked my boyfriend. 

"Uhm of course, is everything okay?", Reggie asked concerned. "Yes, of course, why wouldn't I be okay", I fake smiled at him before placing a quick kiss on his lips and heading towards the cafeteria. 

I quickly got in on the seat next to Veronica. "But Jubilees aren't my thing", my brother muttered. 

"Guys, how's your dad? Did you get to see him?", Archie asked as soon as I popped a grape in my mouth. "Here's the latest. Mayor McCoy wants my dad to name names in exchange for a lesser sentence", Jughead told the Gang. 

"What? Who's names?", Veronica asked. "The Serpents. Even though they are nice people. Sherrif Keller thinks they're dealing the drugs Clifford brought to town", I explained popping another grape in my mouth. 

"My dad says more and more drugs are hitting the streets", Kevin gasped. "Kevin relax. This isn't The Wire", my brother snapped. 

"Our dad says they're not the one dealing. Meanwhile, Mayor McCoy hasn't even said the words Clifford or Blossom in public. It's all about how the Serpents are the problem. The villains", Jughead muttered stealing one of my grapes. 

"This is outrageous. I'm writing an article about this. And not just for the Blue and Gold, for the Register. This is a town story", Betty explained excitedly. "As long as the article doesn't include our dad", I muttered. 

"No, it's gonna be about your dad, Jug, Lou. It doesn't matter how many Jubilees Mayor McCoy throws, this town has changed. That need to be acknowledged. Why are people so afraid of the truth?", Betty asked stabbing her food with a fork.