15. I really like you, Sweet Pea

Lou's POV

My breath got caught in my lungs as Sweet Pea's lips almost touched mine. I closed my eyes ready for the contact my body was aching for.

Before our lips could connect I heard my name being yelled by from my father, "Lou!".

Sweet Pea and I jumped away from each other and the awkwardness grew. "Yes, dad?", I asked with my cheeks blushed.

"I need to talk to you", he said approaching me and Sweet Pea, "Alone".

"Uhm, okay", I mumbled and walked over to him, before I could say anything to the tall Serpent he was gone.

"What do you want?", I asked still shaken up from earlier events. "Penny, I told you to stay away from her", he growled.

"I know, you've already told me this", I mumbled. "Yes, and I mean it. I don't want you anywhere near her ever again or I'm gonna send you to Toledo", he threatened, pointing his finger at me.

"What? You can't do that dad", I yelled not wanting to go to live with my mother and sister. I loved my mom but I always felt like she hated me, she never was acting the same way with me as she was with Juggie or JB.

"I can and I will. Stay out of this or your gonna be gone before you can say Serpent den", he said loudly.

I looked at him, pure hurt in my eyes. "Okay, thanks for caring", I mumbled and turned around.

"Where are you going, young lady?"

"I'm going home", I yelled and got on my bike. I couldn't believe he would be so mad about such a minor thing and even threaten to send me away. I mean we aren't living in 1875 anymore.

I stopped in front of my trailer and quickly rushed inside, grabbing some clothes and some other stuff before shoving it in my bag.

When everything was packed I got back outside and on my bike. I started the engine and started driving down the Southside and into the Northside.

There was one place I wanted to be, the one place where I knew I would be treated like family. Thistle house.

I stopped and parked my bike outside of their big gate not wanting to upset Penelope. After grabbing my bag I walked up to the front door and knocked.

I heard footsteps from the inside walking towards the door.

"Lou?", Cheryl asked confused why I was standing in front of her house. "Cher", I said and flung my arms around her.

"Are you okay? What are you doing here?", she asked. "Can I stay for tonight? I had a fight with my dad and other shit went down, I just- I can't go home", I summarized.

"Sure, come in. Mumsie isn't home anyways and Nana Rose wouldn't mind you being here", Cheryl smiled as we walked up to her room.

She took the bag from my hands and set it down next to her big black bed. She then sat down and I followed her actions.

"Talk, tell me everything", she smiled taking my hands in hers.

"Uhm, it's a lot actually", "Good that we have time", she smiled.

"Okay so, you know how Jug and I fought for our dad's release from jail right? Well, we went to this woman, a Serpent lawyer basically. She said it would be fine and that we didn't have to pay her but if she needed a favor she would want us to do it", I started.

"Then one day she called Jug and I, to make a delivery for her, Archie helped us and all. She has video material of us three delivering drugs and now she's using it against us. My dad got released from jail and today was his retirement party even though he never retired from the Serpents.