33. I was waiting all summer for you, Lou

Lou's POV

After I was able to convince Kevin to not say a word to his father who would immediately make me go to the sheriff's station to press charges, I went over to Thistlehouse since Cheryl and Toni came home like three days ago. 

I knocked on the door, fiddling with my hands. Why was I so nervous?

"Lou? Lou!", Cheryl smiled brightly pulling me into a tight hug. I took a deep breath it's okay that she hugs you, Lou, just breathe.

"Oh my god come in", she smiled guiding me inside the house where Toni sat on the couch. "Babe who was at the door?", she asked not looking up from her magazine. 

"Lou", Cheryl breathed out. "Wha- Oh my god", Toni smiled pulling me into a tight hug as well and again I had to tell myself everything will be fine. 

"Where have you been?", Toni asked inspecting me immediately. "I was with Gladys and Jellybean over the summer", I explained. 

"We were all so incredibly worried about you just leaving like that. What happened that night?", Cheryl asked as we sat down next to Toni. 

"Uhm, it doesn't matter. How is Sweet Pea?", I asked, the question burning my mind the whole time. "Oh, he is good. Lou listen he, uhm", Toni stumbled. 

"Oh, I get it he moved on", I said ignoring the pain in my chest, what did I expect? I was gone for almost three months. 

"He did it's a summer fling", Cheryl said. "Who is it?", I asked. "I won't tell you, I bet they stopped hooking up already so no damage has been done", Toni smiled holding my arms making me flinch slightly all of a sudden. 

"Sorry, it's a habit", I said. "It's not, pray tell why you have a scar around your neck or why you have some red spots on your body?", Cheryl asked. 

"I uhm, I got in an accident at the car workshop, yeah", I lied, I know a poor lie. "So you still don't wanna tell us? By the way, I found your necklace, your dad has it", Toni told me. 

"Thanks", I smiled. "So, we will be hosting a party you know the annual summer party. You have to come it's tomorrow", Cheryl told me smiling brightly. 

Cheryl really gained a lot of confidence this summer, the way she dressed was also different, kind of more edgy. 

"Sure, is Reggie coming too?", I asked. "Yeah, why?", Toni asked confused. "Oh, he was there for me after the night Sweet Pea and I broke up", I explained as if it was nothing. 

"What?", Cheryl asked loudly. "Yes, don't judge me", I chuckled. 

*

Jughead's POV

The next day Sweet Pea, Fangs and I were walking through the new Serpent hangout spot, having a little conversation. 

"We know Hiram took over the Southside 'cause he's colluding with the Ghoulies, but I need to know what he's so upset to exactly. All right, Fangs, you're up. I need you to find the Ghoulies new lair. If you see them don't engage with them. This is just a recon mission, can't be risking another gang war", I chuckled. 

"I just need confirmation that what Hiram's up to has nothing to do with the Serpents or Riverdale High", I said. "Oh also Lou is taking over tomorrow again remember she is the leader, I just took over while she was gone".

"What? She's back?", Sweet Pea asked shocked. "Oh yeah she came home yesterday", Fangs told his best friend. 

"How is she? Have you talked to her?", the tall Serpent asked. "She was acting weird, kind of like she built up that wall inside of her. She even flinched away when Jug tried to hug her", Fangs blabbed out.