11. A certain dark-haired Serpent who likes to wear dog tags

Lou's POV

On Monday morning before school, a knock on the door erupted. "Can you get it? I am not dressed", Jughead yelled.

I groaned in annoyance but opened the door. Outside of it were Sweet Pea and Fangs, "What are you two doing here this early?".

"We talked to Tallboy, princess. Welcome to the Serpents", Sweet Pea smirked handing me my Serpent jacket, which I had probably missed at the Whyte Wyrm.

"What?", I asked excitedly. "Well, these two clowns told me how you fought with them in their fight and you stood with us the entire time. You truly are a Serpent by heart. See the Serpent versus Bulldog fight as your initiation", Tallboy told me stepping in the scene.

"Oh my god", I smiled brightly. "Welcome to the gang, Jones", he smirked.

*

All the Serpents and I sat at a table outside of the school, I was wearing my Serpent jacket while talking to Toni. The boys were planning to blow the Register up but that was just stupid talking.

"Nice article your girlfriend's mother wrote", Sweet Pea said and we all looked up to see my brother walking towards the table.

"I saw it, Dilton Doiley was stabbed and you jumped him?", Jug asked looking at me disappointed, clearly knowing I was involved.

"The idiot stabbed himself with his own knife", Fangs scoffed. "We didn't jump him. There was a fight, Bulldogs versus Serpents. You see this?", Sweet Pea asked pointing towards his black eye, "Your boy Andrews gave it to me before his girlfriend shot a gun into the air".

"What happened?", Jug asked. "And of course, Northsiders get off scot-free, the rest of us are hauled in by the police. It's payback time", the tall Serpent explained.

"What are you talking about?", Jughead asked. "What is-? Is that a pipe bomb?".

"Fogarty's cousin served in the Army. he's gonna build us something", Sweet Pea said. "We will do it after hours. It will shut the Register down, once and for all", Fangs smirked.

"You think blowing up a building will make things better?", Jug asked and I had to agree. "Can't get any worse", "Yes, it can Sweet Pea. Let me talk to Archie, figure this out".

"That's your answers for everything. Talk. We don't know who you stand with. Us or them? At least your sister made her mind up and became one of us by fighting the Bulldogs. You can't be half a Serpent", Sweet Pea muttered glaring at Jughead.

Then the boys got up and walked away, "Great. So, Archie started World War 3. And you Lou? You fought them?", Jug asked.

"Yes after Reggie told me I should have drowned in Sweetwater River, the Serpents are the nicest people I've ever met Jug", I explained and Jughead nodded, clearly understanding me.

"Northside has been dumping on us for years. Your dad tried to keep the peace, avoid bloodshed, now that he's gone, idiots like Sweet Pea think there's one path and solution. Violence", Toni explained.

*

"Lou, let's get to the Wyrm. I made up my mind, I will become a Serpent, you did it too", Jughead explained stepping in my room, his Serpent jacket around his shoulders.

"Okay bro, whatever you say. Let's motor", I smirked.

We both drove to the Wyrm and when we walked inside I stood by Jughead's side to give him support.

"I think this Northsider's lost", Sweet Pea muttered while playing pool, without me, that bitch. "I am not. I'm over being half a Serpent", Jughead announced proudly.