6. Pureheart the Powerful

Lou's POV

The next morning slowly came around. I slept at my dad's trailer after the Serpents showed up, actually the older Serpents showed up at Jugheads to give him a jacket as well. 

After I woke up I slipped on some jeans with holes and a black turtleneck shirt with my usual high heel ankle boots. When I grabbed some coffee I noticed Jughead typing away on his laptop as per usual. 

"Are you gonna finish that story anytime?", I chuckled. "I hope, if new stuff happens here in Riverdale then it will continue", he explained and I plopped down next to him. I rested my head on his shoulder while I drank some coffee. 

My brother actually had some talent, the way he made the sentences was awesome. "You have talent", I muttered while reading along. "Thanks", he smiled. 

"So you and Betty came here after the Jubilee right? Did anything ha-", I asked my brother smirking. "Nope, almost but the Serpents have a crap timing. I did say I love her tho", he smiled. 

"Oh my god really?", I asked excitedly. "Yeah and she said it back", "Jughead Jones a sucker for romance", I chuckled. 

Jugheads phone rang and he obviously picked it up, the moment the person at the other end said something his face fell. 

"Uhm yes she is with me, we will be right there", Jughead muttered and hung up. "What's wrong?", I asked concerned. 

"It's Fred, he was shot and is in the surgery right now", Jug explained and my face fell as well. Fred Andrews, a man that was almost like a father to me was shot, clinging to his life at this very moment. 

"Come on, Lou. We are going to take the bikes", Jughead said. Our dad and our mom had their motorcycles still behind the trailer. Our dad taught us how to ride the motorcycle pretty early, I think we were about twelve when he taught us. 

I nodded and quickly slipped on my leather jacket, not my serpent jacket of course. We both bolted out of the trailer and towards the motorcycles. We immediately began to drive towards the hospital. 

When we got there we met Veronica and Betty plus their parents before we all made it to Archie. "Oh my god", Veronica muttered as we all ran up to him. 

Archies clothes were covered in Fred's blood and it looked as if he had lost pounds of blood on Archies clothes. We all pulled Archie into a big group hug and he almost collapsed in our arms. 

*

After everyone calmed down a little we sat down on the chair in the waiting room, listening to Archie. 

"I came out of the bathroom and there was this man, a thief, wearing a black hood with a gun on Pop Tate. He pointed it at my dad and he fired", he explained to all of us. My heart ached from the sadness in his voice and the image of the kindest man in Riverdale being shot. 

"Oh my god, Archie", Veronica whispered grabbing her boyfriend's hand. "And then he", Archie began but stopped. 

"And then he what?", I asked softly. "And then he bolted and I was holding my dad. Pop Tate called an ambulance, and it didn't come so I drove here. I should have waited, I made it worse", he finished.

"No dude. Are you kidding me? You saved your dad's life. First Cheryl and Lou, now your dad. Keep this up and you'll need a superhero name. Like Pureheart the Powerful", Jughead told him trying to lighten the mood a little. 

"There isn't any new information. You dad's in surgery, he'll be there for a while", Alice explained to us. Hermione bent down so she could be on eye to eye with Archie, "Archie, have you spoken to your mother about any of this yet?".