7. Have fun in the snakepit

Lou's POV

As for one of mine and Jug's last days at Riverdale High we all sat outside at our usual table, god how I'm gonna miss it. 

"It's another win for the bad guys. No one was there. His entire staff quit, he's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open. Maybe not even a week", Jughead sighed. 

He was talking about how Pop's Chock'lit shop was slowly dying after what happened to Archie's dad.

"It's because of what happened to my dad, people are freaking out. I gotta be honest, I don't see myself going any time soon", Archie explained with his head down. "Wait, I'm sorry. Am I hearing acceptance?", Betty asked. 

"I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place. Jug you went crazy trying to save the drive-in", Betty insisted. "I can't take on any more social issues right now. My hands are full", my brother admitted. 

"With your dad, of course, and he should be your priority. I'll take point in helping Pop Tate", Betty smiled proudly. "I'll help", V smiled. 

"Uhm me too", I smiled. 

"Anything to get me away from my parents, I'm in", Veronica smirked. "Another B and Vee and now L team up? They should make a video game about you guys. We gotta jet", Jughead mumbled and got all of his stuff. "Ugh, Jug that was a new level of cringe. Please don't ever say that again", I chuckled.

"We're going to meet our dad's court-appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff's station", I explained also grabbing my bag. "Let me come, I gotta drop some flyers off for Sheriff Keller", Archie said. 

The three of us got up and started walking towards the Sheriff's station. 

*

"Let's talk about the damn deal", our dad told his lawyer while Jug kept walking up and down the room, I was just sitting next to my dad.

"First, to review the charges you're facing, arson destruction of evidence, making a false confession, obstructing justice. Not to mention this whole nasty mess of dumping a dead kid in the river", the lawyer read out. 

"Aren't you supposed to be on our side, you genius?", I snapped at the dump man. 

"I know what I did. What's the deal? What are they offering", dad asked ignoring my remark. "You're gonna wanna take it. I've been doing this a long time, it's a strong deal", the lawyer mumbled and kept flipping through his files. 

"How many damn years?", Jughead asked also pissed. "About forty", the attorney explained. 

*

The next morning I quickly got dressed by slipping on a baby blue t-shirt dress and a dark blue cardigan, along with my high ankle boots.

"Ready early?", Jughead asked at the sight of me already ready to head out. "Yeah, I still have to study for biology and I can't study here", I chuckled. 

"Oh okay, I will see you there", he mumbled before making himself some breakfast. 

I headed out and towards the car we owned, Jug and I got it when we were still young and it never was really used. 

I drove to school and immediately walked into the students' lounge before classes would start. I took a quick look around, god I 'm gonna miss this place. 

Soon the bell rang meaning it was time for my biology test and guess what I got 80% pretty good for me because I usually suck at biology. 

When I walked down the hallway to put my stuff in my locker I spotted my boyfriend leaning up against some lockers.