17. You look good in a turtleneck

Lou's POV

Do you know how there are always some towns where bad things always seem to happen? Well, Riverdale has become one of those towns. The most recent horror? The school janitor, Mister Swenson turned out to be a serial killer but we were putting him away along with our Christmas decoration. Now we were back to your typical small-town intrigues, clandestine meetings behind closed doors and the like. Yes, by large, it was business as usual in Riverdale. 

Pop was putting away the Christmas decoration, while I sat at a table with my brother, we drank milkshakes and coffee. I was drawing in my sketchbook while Jug was typing away on his laptop. 

It was the last day of Christmas break, the break consisted of me hanging out with my boyfriend, Sweet Pea, and Jug and I going to pop's to write and draw.

*

"Wow, Jones. Props to you, it's very Lovecraftian. Which I'm sure was the intention but did you write this on a typewriter?", Toni asked handing Jug his script back. 

We were sitting outside Southside High in our lunch break, "Yeah, I wanted to get into Lovecraft's headspace".

"So wasn't it like Betty bought you a typewriter for Christmas or anything?", Toni smirked at my brother. 

"The cover is still in work of my sister", Jug said changing the subject. 

The door of the school flew open and Fangs and Sweet Pea came out shouting and laughing. "What's going on?", I asked the two hooligans. 

"This hellhole is officially closed, no more Southside High", Sweet Pea smirked placing a kiss on my cheek real quick. 

"What? How?", Toni asked. "It's gonna be quarantined, we're going to different schools", Fangs answered hitting Sweet Pea's arm. 

"This doesn't make sense. Where are you guys going?", Jug asked. "Same as you, and you, and Fangs, and princess. We're going to Riverdale High. Think of all those Northside heads to knock", Sweet Pea said and started fake fighting with Fangs. 

Oh please no, I know all of them and I know people like Cheryl or Reggie won't be too happy to hear about the news. 

*

Message from Cheryl Bombshell 8:15 PM: Hey Lou, just heard the news. I'm excited to have you back here girl but the others IDK. Reggie and I planned something please don't hate me for it, love ya

I rolled my eyes at the text message, of course, they planned something. 

"Mayor McCoy has deemed Southside High a public health hazard, due to toxic fumes from the methamphetamine lab in the basement", Jughead read out loud.

"There was no meth, just jingle jangle", I scoffed sipping on my chocolate milkshake. 

"So the worm turns, and it's back to Riverdale Hig, huh?", dad chuckled standing at our table with his uniform on. During the break, we haven't talked a lot but things calmed down. The Penny being my mother fact was haunting but I decided to let it go. 

"Something smells fishy", Jughead said looking over the article again. "Damn straight, something smells fishy. The real reason you don't wanna go back", dad told Jug. 

"What do you mean?", he asked. "Oh, she just walked through the door", dad smirked. 

"My cue to go", I mumbled and got up. On my way out I passed Betty, "Hey Bets", I smiled. "Hey, Lou". 

*

"Are you scared to go back?", Sweets asked as he laid on his bed, bare-chested watching me get dressed. it became a habit for me to sleep at Fangs and his trailer.