29. Like mother like daughter

Lou's POV

"Help us! We need a doctor!", I yelled as my father, Jughead and I entered the hospital with a bloody Fangs. "Ma'am", Jughead said to the woman at the counter.

"Wait your turn", she responded. "He was shot", I argued. "Step back-", "He's dying for God's sake!", I yelled. 

"Hey, what's going on?", a doctor asked getting a sight of the scene. "My friend, he-he was shot", I stuttered. "Hey, get me a gurney", the doctor told a nurse. 

Soon Fangs was on a gurney ready to be carried into operation. "I am scared", the boy told me clutching my hand in his bloody hand. "You will be fine okay? I will pick you up as soon as you're awake. I promise you will make it", I told him tears still staining my face. 

Soon the nurses carried him away. "Who did this first aid on him?", the doctor asked the three of us. "I did, I didn't do it worse right?", I asked anxiously. "No, you actually saved his life", the doctor smiled at me giving my shoulder a light squeeze before he ran off. 

"Where are you going?", dad yelled after me as I was ready to go after Sweet Pea, only God knows what this boy will do. 

"To find the guy who shot Fangs and to find my boyfriend", I mumbled. I felt a hand on my shoulder holding me back and spinning me around. "You're not going. Not with people rioting. You're angry and sad, you want justice? So do I, you've got a fallen soldier, and we need to talk to his family. That's part of being a leader", my father told me. 

"Some leader I am", I muttered. "Don't go down that road, you saved him. All right, come on", dad said giving me bits of strength as we ran back to give Fangs grandma, his only relative, a call. 

*

"Excuse me, how's Fangs Forgaty?", I asked a nurse. "He's still in surgery", she told me and my brother who was standing next to me. 

"I wanna talk to him as soon as he wakes up", Sheriff Minetta ordered. "Sheriff Minetta. Shouldn't you be looking for who shot Fangs?", Jughead asked. 

"There's a manhunt underway. Your Serpent pals aren't making things easy. Rioting, carousing, terrorizing. Already arrested a few", the Sheriff told us. 

"Fangs wouldn't have a slung in his gut, if you had done your job right", I snapped at the man. "I don't know the details of your parole, but I'm certain harassing an officer would violate them", the man told me. 

"Yeah? Do I look like I care? You Northsiders and you new Sheriff you've been here for two minutes and you are still arresting the Serpentes. One of us was shot! Are you dumb or is it just something you Northsiders hold up? We would never hurt one of our own unlike you. I am out", I muttered and ran outside to drive to the school where I was imagining to find my boyfriend and the rest of the angry Serpents. 

*

Of course, I was right, as soon as I made it to the school I heard yellings and shattering. "Guys!", I yelled running into the entrance hall. 

"Serpents! Stop!", Moose yelled as Archie, Kevin, him and a couple of other Bulldogs walked in. 

"Well, fellas looks like we found some Bulldogs to put down", Sweet Pea yelled ignoring me completely. 

"Sweet Pea, I swear. Reggie didn't shoot Fangs, it was Misses Klump", Archie told the angry giant. "I saw Mantle with a gun", he insisted. 

"Then you saw me tackle him before he got shot off. It was Midge's mom, she's down at the station", Archie explained. 

"And Fangs is clinging to life. Whether it was Misses Klump or Reggie who pulled the trigger out of pure jealousy because of you Lou, a Northsider put him there! You took our friend, our land. You'll take everything if we give you the chance. So, now you get to watch as we burn your school to the ground", Sweet Pea yelled sending a pure sting through my heart.