37. Maybe one day

Lou's POV

"I can't believe you finished level one already", Toni chuckled as we left the woods from Dilton's bunker. "Well I am a genius", I laughed. 

"You are, Lou", Fangs chuckled. We all made it outside the woods and towards Pop's.

"Hey kids", the man greeted us as he saw us enter his diner. "Hey Pop", we all said in unison. 

We all sat down in the booth, I sat in between Fangs and Sweet Pea while Toni and Cheryl sat across from us. The two girls were giggling and kissing each other all the time, it was adorable. 

"I assumed you all want your usual order so here you go", Pop smiled as two waiters came over to our table and placed our usual food in front of us. 

"Thanks, Pop, you're the best", Fangs smiled. 

"God, this game is crazy addicting and yet it's weird", Toni sighed as she stuck a french fry in her mouth chewing on it. "True, it's crazy but while playing it, it feels like we can't stop", I chuckled sipping on my chocolate milkshake. 

"I can't wait to start level two", Fangs smiled. "Same dude", Sweet Pea said as he bit in his burger. 

*

"Bye you two", Fangs told the love couple as they took off to Thornhill. "I'm going to walk you home if that's okay with you?", Sweet Pea asked me. 

"You don't-", "Oh yes, he does. After what happened to you we won't let our Serpent queen walk the streets alone", Fangs insisted. 

"Also you two need to talk so I will be at our apartment Sweet Pea", Fangs said as he got on his motorcycle and drove off. 

Pea and I started walking in silence, for some reason this scene felt oddly familiar to me. "Uhm, you don't have to walk me", I said breaking the silence. 

"No, no, Fangs was right, I can't let you walk around Southside alone", the tall Serpent replied, "And we do need to talk. Well, I need to talk". 

"But there isn't anything to say", I replied looking away, only the thought of him and Josie broke my heart. 

"Yes, I shouldn't have done this with Josie and I should have come for you", he mumbled. "Sweets look", I said as he stopped in his tracks as I said his nickname. 

"We were on a break and you had every right to do stuff with other girls and I got myself in trouble but that wasn't your fault", I explained. 

"No, it wasn't right, Lou I love you and not her. I tried to get over you when Jughead told me you left I had to fill in that spot in my heart but it didn't work. The second I saw you at the pool party with your scar and your fragile body I knew I made a huge mistake", the boy rambled. 

"It's fine, you thought the relationship wasn't worth it anymore because I'm stubborn and wouldn't listen to you".

"But you had every right and I did something. That's why I couldn't keep on doing this", he sighed. "What did you do?", I asked as my heart scrunched together in pain. 

"I had something with Josie, not everything but something. I couldn't pretend that nothing happened so I took that opportunity to-", "To have a fling with the side chick? Wow", I scoffed as my feet began to move again. 

"Lou, wait no!", he yelled as he ran after me turning me around roughly making me do a trick Ryan taught me that made Sweet Pea fall to his knees. 

"Woah, listen. I wanted to give you a chance to meet someone better than me, someone that deserves to be with you", the boy said not moving.

"You're so dumb", I said. "Why?", "Because there is no one that deserves me more than you, no one that I want so much and yet you are the one that made me go crazy. You made me feel so jealous and I felt so much hate towards you but you know what? My stupid heart won't let you go", I yelled at him as tears build up in my eyes.