8. A modern day version of Bonnie and Clyde

Lou's POV

The next morning Jughead and I got ready pretty early so we could go over to Riverdale high before we'd enter hell. 

I decided to wear some high waisted jeans with a black off-shoulder long sleeve and my usual ankle high heel boots. 

"It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood screaming like a banshee. It was insane", Kevin told us all from last night events. Apparently, Moose and Midge made out and while they did that a guy showed up and just shot them. 

"Kev, what were you even doing there?", Betty asked my bestie. "I was just night jogging, you know, as one does and suddenly, I heard gunshots", Kevin explained. 

"Can we agree there's a killer on the loose?", Archie asked leaning forward. "With terrible aim", I muttered. 

"Lou, he murdered Miss Grundy", Archie said. "We don't know these three crimes are related", Betty insisted. 

"Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived. The Matchlorette starts tonight, you're coming over to watch", Veronica smiled. 

"There's a shooter terrorizing the town. You really want us to watch a gross dating show?", Jughead asked. 

"What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing bad things as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine", Veronica explained. 

"Well, well, well, V. I can't wait", Betty smiled at her.

"Hey Andrews, we're going to the hospital to see Moose. You coming?", Reggie asked entering the student lounge, neither of us looking at each other. 

"Yeah, for sure. I'll see you tonight Ronnie", Archie said and got up. 

"We better go, we were supposed to meet our peer mentor at Southside High half an hour ago", Jughead mumbled. I saw he wanted to say goodbye to Betty alone so I already went out. 

"Uhm, hashtag Leggie isn't any more or what was that?", Kevin asked approaching me. "Yeah, I broke up with him yesterday", I mumbled. 

"What do you mean?", he asked confused. "I dumped him, Kev. He was just not good for me, he cared more about him than he did about me. After what I did, what I did at Sweetwater river he told me just how dumb I was", I explained. 

"That piece of tra-", "It's fine Kevin, I'm going to another school so a new start", I smiled. "But I will stay you won't get rid of me", Kevin smiled. "Nor me", Cheryl smiled. 

"Thanks, guys but we have to go now. Talk to you soon", I smiled at my best friends before heading out to meet Jughead. 

*

Before we could walk into the school we had to go through metal detectors for some reason. I could walk through them easily but Jughead was stopped serval times. 

"It's the pins on your hat", I explained pointing at my head to symbolize it to Jug. 

"Take it off and go again", the deputy ordered and finally Jughead was able to pass. "Lou and Forsythe Pendleton Jones the third", Toni smirked while taking a picture of my brother and me. 

"Toni, what's up?", I smiled at my roommate. "Uh, it's actually Jughead. You two know each other?", Jughead asked. "Yeah, I used to live with her", Toni laughed. 

"I was supposed to give you the full animatronic tour, but some robots went insane and started killing the guests, so we will just wing with it", Toni chuckled and started walking down some stairs.