19. I want you, all of you tonight

Lou's POV

I was sitting with my father and Jughead having breakfast, dad was reading the newspaper while I was drawing sketches in my sketchbook.

The pages were covered in snake symbols and other stuff, but mostly snakes.

"Sheriff Keller, what a surprise", Jughead sighed as he let the Sheriff in, once again. "Jughead, Lou, FP. Sorry to bother you it's, uh-",

"We do not have General Pickens head and we don't know who stole it. Same as the last four times you asked us and our neighbors", my father groaned closing the newspaper.

Apparently the day after the Pickens day, his head was cut off. Of course, the Northside was accusing the Serpents, what's new.

"Sheriff, these visits are starting to feel a lot like harassment. There is absolutely no evidence, zero proof whatsoever pointing to any particular group of suspects", I snapped.

"You, Jughead, did write a rather scattering article about the general's legacy which promoted the Southside Serpents to stop by Pickens day with an ax to grind", the Sheriff told my brother with his eyebrows raised.

"I'm actually writing a new article about how you seem to care more about catching a vandal than the Black Hood. Can I get a quote?", my brother asked making my dad and I chuckle.

*

"I already invited Archie, but I want you guys there as well", Veronica smiled at us as we sat in the students' lounge, "Usually these kinds of events, baptism, conformations, are family-only. But since it's all about me and you guys are my chosen family I pulled strings and reserved you a pew".

"What is the dress code?", I asked smiling.

"Catholic chick. So, dresses for the girls, veils optional, and coats for the boys", Veronica smiled before Kevin could make a comment the Principals voice was heard.

"Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, please report to the principal's office. Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper to the principal's office",

"Damn, what did you two do this time?", I chuckled.

*

After school, Jughead and I went to Pop's for some late lunch and to get a little creative. He told me how well his story was going and all. I actually asked him for some relationship advances for Sweet Pea and I.

When it was already dark we finally went home walking and talking. I loved how me and my brother kept growing closer and closer.

"Come on you and Betty did it right?", I chuckled. "No, we didn't, we almost but the Serpents interrupted. Please tell me you and Pea didn't-",

"No, no, we didn't", I laughed.

When we saw our trailer I noticed a lot of Serpents outside of their trailers and then I saw the Sheriff.

"Sheriff Keller, we have to stop meeting like that", Jughead chuckled still amused by our conversation. "Where's your dad?", the man asked.

"Has a shift at Pop's, why?" he asked. "It's an eviction notice. You, you, your dad, pretty much everyone in this place, you all gotta clear out", Keller explained coldly.

"What? Don't tell me this is because of that statue. For the millionth time, sheriff, we did not decapitate General Pickens", I snapped raising my voice and getting the attention from the Serpents around us, "And you can't use that as some trumped-up excuse to evict us".

"Look. I am just the messenger, this order comes from the mayor. There's a lot of back rent owed here, you have 14 days to vacate. Perhaps, while you're packing you might come across that head. Calm the waters a little", the Sheriff winked.