16. You wouldn't let your momma get hurt, would you Charlotte?

Lou's POV

After I slept over at Sweet Pea's it felt like me and him were even closer than before. At breakfast, him and I decided that I shouldn't ask my dad about my mother until we found out who it was.

He really was my Clyde.

The days passed without anything really happening, the black hood was still out there but he wasn't bothering me. It was Christmas Eve tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited.

I loved Christmas, it was the time of the year where everyone dropped their worries for one night and I was looking forward to that.

"I was thinking about our Penny problem", Jughead started, he's been kind of rebelling against dad after I told him that he was only my half-brother.

"My problem, not ours", dad snapped. "We are the one she has on camera, delivering drugs", I said.

"How I deal with Peabody is not your concern, I'm handling it", our father snapped. "By pimping the Serpents out as drug runners?", Jug asked.

Dad opened the door to let Tallboy inside, who was carrying two bags. "Boy... Toss them in the corner", dad ordered.

"Hey, what's in the bags, Tallboy?", I asked. "Hey, what did I just say? Mind your own damn business, get to school", dad snapped.

Jughead and I just scoffed before walking to our old school for Kevin's secret Santa.

I picked Cheryl and got her another one of her favorite red lipstick along with a silver sparkly bracelet that I picked out with Toni. She also helped me pick out Sweet Pea's Christmas present.

"That is yours, Lou", Kevin smiled handing me a present wrapped in blue paper. I opened it and saw that it was a hard case sketchbook along with a couple high-class pencils. There was also a small note:

Sorry I was such an ass, I hope you can forgive me - love Reggie

"Oh", I cleared my throat, "Thank you, Reggie. I love it".

"Veronica it's your turn", Kevin said saving the moment handing Veronica a small envelope. "Oh, a gift certificate for a couple's massage. Thanks, Josie", Veronica smiled uneasily.

"You can go with Betty or your mom", Josie stuttered. "Or I could go with your mom", Reggie insisted making me roll my eyes.

"Dear god, can we please get this torture over with", Cheryl groaned leaning her head on my shoulder as I clasped the bracelet around her wrist.

"Betty, you're next and mercifully last", Kevin coughed. "I think I know who picked my name based on these wrapping skills", Betty chuckled glancing at Archie.

Wow, okay what did I miss?

"Archie", Betty gasped looking at the little present. "My dad and I were cleaning out the garage and I found it".

"Swiss Family Robinson?", Veronica asked reading the label. "Yeah, it's this old read-along record we used to listen to when we were like, 5. Oh my god, Arch. I love it, thanks", Betty smiled.

"Hey Merry Christmas", Moose said walking into the students' lounge with Midge. "Moose", everyone gasped attacking the guy in a hug.

I walked up to him as he surprisingly pulled me into a hug. "I missed you, little Jones", "Ah shut up Moose", I laughed.

"I hope you liked Reggie's present, we helped picking it out", Midge smiled. "Yeah thank you".

*

After our one class at Southside High Jug and I walked into the Wyrm only to see it stuffed with presents and some Serpents wrapping up gifts.

"What is all this? Santa's present fabric?", I chuckled.