21. Watch it, carrot head

!!!!!Guys, I PUBLISHED THIS CHAPTER BEFORE CHAPTER 20 GO AHEAD AND READ IT SORRY I AM STUPID!!!!!

Lou's POV

"I was checking out a few places. There's that one building on Franklin and Sycamore", dad told us while going through the newspaper. 

"Dad. There's living on the wrong side of the tracks, and there's living directly over the tracks", Jug chuckled. "I'm a soda jerk at Pop's, Jug. We won't be moving into the Pembroke".

"We shouldn't have to move at all, no one should have to move. This is just Hiram Lodges vendetta against us", I mumbled. 

"Look, he is planning something, Dad. Something big and bad. I know it, I just have to figure out a different angle", Jughead told dad seriously. 

*

I was sitting on Sweet Pea's lap as we and the core-four sat together in the students' lounge. 

"Fair warning, our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic, but it has breathtaking views of the mountains, the water", Veronica smirked. 

"Oh my God, V that sounds heavenly", Betty smiled dreamily. 

"What do you say, Jug? Can you bear it?", Veronica asked. "Oh, Lou and Sweet Pea you are invited as well". 

"As long as it's cool with your dad", Jughead said gesturing to us three Southsiders. "Mister Lodge actually suggested it", Archie said. 

"Well, then cue the dueling banjos", Jughead smirked, "What? It'll be a good chance for me to work on my novel".

"Excellent, remember the point in this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug", Veronica smiled while Sweet Pea placed a kiss on my chin. 

"Luxury and Weekend two of my favorite words. So, where are we going and how extravagant a wardrobe should I pack?", Cheryl asked appearing in the lounge. 

Before I could say anything Veronica did, "Sorry, Cheryl it's kind of like a romantic couples-only weekend". 

"Oh, I see. Of course, my mistake. Well, have fun with your romances", Cheryl mumbled before storming out. 

*

After school, André drove us all down to Shadow lake even though it took a lot for Sweet Pea to not drive his bike. 

"When I was younger, we used to come here every summer, whenever my dad could sneak away for a weekend", Veronica told us all while stepping forwards. 

"I will help you with the bags", André offered. "No, we've got it. Archie? Sweet Pea?", Veronica smirked at her and my boyfriend. 

"TTFN, André. See you Sunday night at 7 PM and not a second earlier. Betty, Lou, wait until you see the inside", Veronica giggled while linking arms with the two of us. 

We walked down the little path and finally in the front door of the giant house. It was a really cozy house and I honestly felt at home immediately. 

"Welcome to what I humbly like to call Lodge Lodge", Veronica joked while everyone laughed except for me because I thought it was the worst joke ever. Come on, lodge Lodge?

Just when the two boys came inside carrying bags Jug got a phone call and went outside. "Thank you Babe", I thanked Sweets for placing a kiss on his cheek. "Everything for my princess", he smiled. 

"Jug what happened? Are you okay?", Betty asked my brother who seemed pretty pissed off. 

"It was Cheryl, she said you and Archie kissed in front of her house", Jughead said making my eyes almost fall out of my head.