13. A crate of pancake mix

Lou's POV

The next morning I was cleaning my room, going through old boxes and filtering out my old clothes. A couple of weeks ago, basically after Cheryl moved to Thistle house, she brought my clothes over.

I was a little shaken up by the newspaper report they just published, it was a message from the Black hood, "People of Riverdale, I have rid this town of the drug dealing child killer and others like him. Now you must choose your fate, the next 48 hours will be a test. And I will be watching you very closely. Show me you are pure of heart, and my work ends, continue to sin and I will take up the sword again".

I hung them in the very back since I won't be wearing pastels a lot around here. I noticed a box on the floor of my closet when I opened it there were multiple baby photos not only of me but Jellybean and Jughead as well.

I missed my little sister so much it was incredible. Then I noticed a weird thing, I never had a picture with my mother when she just gave birth to me just when I was a little older, while Jug and JB had a photo right after there were born with my mother.

Suddenly Jughead walked into my room without knocking, before I could say something he made an 'O' with his fingers. We always used this when our mom was calling, it was a signal for the other one to listen in on the telephone conversation.

"Remeber that favor you and your sister owe me? I'm calling it in", a female voice said on the other end. "No, no. Wait. Hold on a minute", Jug insisted. "I'm hungry, I'll meet you two at Pop's", Penny Peabody said before hanging up.

"Let's go", I suggested.

*

"We can't do this favor for you, whatever it is. If we have to pay for you helping my dad-", Jughead started. "He needs more help. That's why I called. FP got in a little accident with some Ghoulies in the prison showers the other day", Penny told my brother and I.

"Oh my god, is- is he okay?", I asked shocked as I held my hands over my mouth. "He's in the infirmary now. They messed up that pretty face of his. Ghoulies wanted blood payback for the deal that the Northsider made with Sheriff Keller, got all their higher-ups locked away", Penny explained.

"That wasn't- What can we do to get him out?", Jughead asked. "For that, you need money, lots of money. Rich people? Rich people don't sit in jail. Money greases the wheel of justice", Penny smirked.

"I have 18 dollars to my name", "I have forty", I added. "Hm, then maybe we should think of this favor as a job, right? Just a one-time delivery. Pick up a crate on the Southside, deliver to an address in Greendale. That's it", Penny shrugged.

"What's in the crate?", I asked. "Let's say, uhm, Pancake mix".

"Penny, neither me or Lou will be your drug runners", Jughead said. "Of course not. You're gonna be my transportation advisors. Do this and I'll use your cut of the cash for your dad's case. I'll see what we can do about getting him an early release", Penny smiled.

"Okay, we will do it", I said, "But I have another question, the boy who well roofied me. Can't we press charges against him and get some good amount of money?", I asked.

"Who did what?", Penny asked with a weird voice which I couldn't quite make out. "Uhm, a boy named Nick St. Clair's tried to rape me about a week ago", I explained.

"Well, I've heard of those rich people, it won't go well sweetie, they have good lawyers, in the end, you have to pay", Penny explained.

"Oh, and make the drop-off, get out before midnight, you don't want to be in Greendale after midnight. Trust me. And this crate, it's not gonna fit on your bikes, can you get a car?", Penny asked us.