9. Snake bites over dog fleas

Lou's POV

"We're called the red circle. And we are coming for you. We will hunt you, we will find you and we will end you", the video of Archie said. 

"Jesus Christ those Northsiders are sick", Sweet Pea laughed as we all sat at a table in the cafeteria around a rundown laptop. 

"God, I'd recognize those abs everywhere, that is my ex-boyfriend and the rest of the Bulldogs, how stupid are they", I groaned at the video. 

"Who is your ex?", Toni asked. "He", I said pointing to Reggie who was also shirtless and wearing a red hood. "Good Job", she laughed giving me a high five. 

"Still dumb", Sweet Pea mumbled. 

He started the video again, "Guess we are not watching funny cat videos", my brother laughed. "Check this out. Some sick-in-the-head Northsider posted a video, and we were just talking", Sweet Pea smirked at my brother. 

"About what?", Jug asked. "About Lou's ex", "Actually, Forgaty wants to own his Serpent stripes, bring us that Northsider's head and you're officially in", the tall Serpent told his best friend. 

"I'm down with that", Fangs smirked. Sweet Pea hit the table while laughing really unnaturally. 

"No guys, no", Jughead started. "What, Jones?", "We know this guy, he is a milquetoast, a football player", I explained. 

"It's a lame target is all I'm saying. You wanna prove something? Why don't you go after the Black Hood?", Jug asked. "Why would we do that? He's targeting Northsiders, that do nothing but blame the Southside for everything wrong with this town. We're sick of it. Black Hood's doing our work, he's a hero", Sweet Pea said. 

"Oh please, he is not a hero", I snapped before getting up. "Lou", "No, he's not some hero, he is a monster", I snapped and walked towards the restrooms. 

Jesus Christ is everyone in this town going mad?

After I calmed myself a little more down I walked out of the restroom with my lipstick re-applied. "Lou, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that, your brother just gets on my nerves", Sweet Pea explained as he leaned against the wall next to the restroom doors. 

"Yeah, sure", "No really, I know he is a monster but it's true I'm so sick of the Northerside blaming all on us", "I know but still don't call him a hero", I explained, "He might walk in here next time and shoot all of us". 

"You're right sorry", the tall Serpent said following me to my locker. "Now please, stop stalking me", I laughed. "But I'm your biggest fan, princess", "I know you are", I laughed. 

"Come on, let's get to that stupid class", Sweet Pea chuckled messing up my hair. 

*

"Have you seen this?", Toni asked as she approached me in the hallway after class. "No what is it?", I asked taking the newspaper from her hands. 

"The Register published a cipher from the black hood, let's crack it", she smirked. "I'm in", I chuckled. 

We walked into the Red and Black office to get my brother in on our plan. When we entered he was hovering over serval books hearing music. 

"So, what are you reading?", Toni asked. "Ah, Beware the Zodiac. It's decent, though I prefer Robert Graysmith's definitive books on the subject".

I sat down on the table while Toni walked around my brother. His cell phone started to buzz and his girlfriend was calling him but apparently, he declined it. 

"I'll call her back later", "Jones, Jones, Jones. You disappoint me. If serial killers are your jam, might suggest Ted Bundy, Albert Fish, Aileen Wuornos", Toni smirked, sitting down next to me.