32. Wounds heal I guess

Lou's POV

"Lou, what are you doing here?", Gladys asked approaching me. "Gladys", I smiled.

I turned around and looked at my other guardian, her eyes widened and she turned towards my little sister. "Jelly, go help uncle Danny", Gladys ordered. 

Soon Jellybean left us and the woman turned back to me. "What the hell happened to you?", she asked almost sounding worried. "Nothing", I lied, "I need to stay here. Please, I know you're not my mom and I am more than willing to work for you, just let me stay". 

"Okay, kid I will but you gotta tell me what happened to you. I mean look at you, looking like a ghost, bruises covering you", Gladys said taking a closer look from my neck. 

"I got in a fight", I lied. "I can tell you've been choked and don't tell me that someone fought you and left fingerprint bruises on your arms. Who did this to you?", my 'mother' asked. 

"It's not important, look it's not safe at home for me and I need some space. Let me stay?", I asked again. "Okay, kid I will give you today off and then you can work for me. You're like my adoptive daughter after all so, does your dad know? Any of this?".

"He knows I am here but not why", I explained. "You will tell him, understand me, young lady? I don't care if he will kill that boy who did this to you or not but he needs to know". 

"He will but after the summer".

"Okay, come on I will introduce you to everyone and show you my guest room", Gladys smiled and went ahead to grab my arm but I flinched away, "God, Lou. What did he do to you?"

After I was settled in I grabbed my phone and texted a couple people back.

Reggie, message 2:20PM

Hey, yes I'm safe, thanks for last night again, without you I would still be sitting in that alley. Have a nice summer-Lou

Toni, message 2:27PM

Don't worry about me, T. I am safe and I will come home in about two months I will explain everything one day just not know. I need some me time, I love you-Lou

Kevin, message 2:31PM

Hey, Kev, yes I left town and when I come back you better have some gossip to spill. I hope you understand why I left I will tell you eventually, I love you- Lou

Cheryl Bombshell, message 2:35PM

Hey, I love you Cher, have an amazing summer with Toni. I will explain everything eventually. I love you -Lou

Jughead's POV

When I came home with a bright smile plastered on my lips. Last night Betty and I stayed at a hotel and I asked her to become my Serpent princess and she said yes. The night was awesome even though I'm poor now but it was worth it. 

I walked up to my trailer and opened the door. "Hey dad, I'm home", I yelled. "Here", dad answered laying on the couch, beer bottles surrounding him. 

"What are you doing?", I asked the smile dropping from my lips. "Drinking", he responded bored. "Why? Did something happen?", I asked him confused.

"Your sister left town without saying goodbye. She was supposed to meet Sweet Pea but he never showed up, Toni was here earlier giving me her necklace. It looks like it was ripped from her neck, something may have happened and maybe that's why she left", dad summarized taking another sip. 

"Maybe you should talk to Toni", dad suggested. I nodded and got on my bike, heading towards the little apartment, Sweet Pea, Fangs and Toni were staying at currently.