34. This is like an episode of Gossip Girl

Lou's POV

After yesterday's tragic events, Jughead and I called the police to take care of the two boys. 

"Dilton is dead?", Betty asked shocked. "Yeah and Ben from the drive-in? He's barely hanging on. Doctors don't know when, or if he's ever gonna wake up. Sheriff Minetta asked us to keep it to a hush-hush for the families, but Betty, what we saw last night", Jughead told his girlfriend as the three of us sat in the Blue and Gold once again. 

"It was like a ritual site. Their lips were blue, there were chalices, that were filled with poison or something. Animal bones were in a circle, the tree had markings on it. There was a winged totem with a skull and branches", I told Betty. 

"Was it a murder or a suicide pact gone wrong? I have no idea, I saw Ben and Dilton playing a weird game at Pop's. Dilton was raving about someone called the Gargoyle king. I was also thinking that maybe the two of us could investigate this together, Lou has no interest. For old times' sake or at least until we catch a new lead with Archie's case", Jughead told Betty. 

"Okay, you guys this is getting way too lovey for me here, I will go to Vixen practice now so yeah", I chuckled and grabbed my bag. 

I shook my head as I walked over to my locker, to place my bag in it so I could go to practice. When I opened my locker, I felt a presence next to me a glance down on the person's shoes made me conclude it was a boy. 

As I shut my locker I was meet with Sweet Pea's face. "Lou", he said. "Yes?", I asked not really wanting to talk to the boy that broke my heart. 

"Look, I overheard you talking to Jughead a couple nights ago and I can't believe that bastard did this to you", the boy rambled, "I'm so sorry I never showed up". 

"Well, it was your decision after all so you shouldn't apologizing for your decision", I explained calmly.

"Lou, I should have come down to the bar it was a stupid mistake, since then my life has been missing something", he admitted.

"Really? Fangs told me otherwise. Not as if you were screwing one of my best friends over the entire summer or anything but you didn't even care where I was nor did you ever text or call for three months", I snapped. 

"Oh, you heard?", he asked with his head down. "I did, so have fun with the Pussycat but don't come here and apologize to me and lie in my face, trust me I've gone through enough. Also, it's not your place to worry about me and this Gollum so see you around, Sweet Pea", I said making a full turn on my heel and walking towards the gym. 

*

"Cheryl, what do you think you're doing, trying to steal Archie's presidency?", Veronica asked as she stormed into the girl's locker room. 

"Who would have lead us through these dark times? Ethel Muggs? I saw the poor girl earlier, she was figuring about a winged creature that was after her", Cheryl said as she turned towards the Lodge girl. 

"Actually, I thought I'd keep Archie's seat warm", Veronica said. "Why? When JFK was shot, Jackie O. didn't become president. Lyndon B. Johnson did", Cheryl snapped at Veronica clearly annoyed with the whole situation. 

"And then lead us into Vietnam", Josie said making me throw up in my mouth, Cheryl turned around to glare at the girl. 

"I'm just saying, her man's in the big house, Cheryl. Give her a break", Josie told the red-haired beauty. 

"I get it, and I sympathize, up to a point. But let's be reals, Veronica, I need this presidency for college applications a lot more than Archie", Cheryl finished her speech.