20. He's good, right? He looks like he is

Jughead's POV

After Betty left the trailer I waited for dad to come back home to hear how things went with Penny. I knew Lou was at Sweet Pea's trailer since both texted me to inform me. 

"Tallboy won't be coming back any time soon", dad told me as soon as he came in the door. "Good, he was a coward", I scoffed.

"I was thinking maybe I should take apart from your book, sit-down with Mayor McCoy, now that we know Hiram Lodge is responsible for the statue, I say we show her the head, appeal to her sense of justice. What? You don't like the plan?", dad asked as I just looked at my hands. 

"Boy, where is General Picken's head?", dad asked. "I send it back to Hiram, as a warning", I admitted. 

"God, Jug sometimes you're just stupid. Where's your sister? She would have stopped you", dad groaned. "Uhm she is out", I told him, it wasn't the first time Lou would sleep at Sweet Pea's but the way they were acting could lead to one conclusion in my mind, they did it just as Betty and I. 

"Where?", "Sweet Pea's", I explained. "That girl", dad chuckled. 

*

Lou's POV

The next morning our alarm woke Sweet Pea and I up. "Good morning, Princess", the tall Serpent smiled at me while turning around. 

"Good morning handsome", I smirked. "How are you feeling?", he asked placing his hand on my bare arm. 

"I feel awesome but I kinda need to take a shower", I chuckled. "What a coincidence, I need to take one too", he smirked as we both hurried into the bathroom to take a shower together. 

*

"Veronica, are you trying to manage me?", Jughead asked the raven-haired girl. "Define manage", The Lodge smiled. 

"People will lose their homes", Jughead insisted. "Why don't you come over  with your dad and Lou, and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilized humans?", V asked. 

"On one condition, your dad comes to Sunnyside trailer park. I want him to see the people he'll displace", Jughead snapped. 

"Fine and trust me, no one is being displaced", Veronica said making me scoff. 

"My God, did you hear? My dad's scanner's blowing up. The police found another dead body. There's blood everywhere", Kevin said as he walked into the students' lounge with pure excitement. 

"Could the Black Hood have risen from the grave?", I asked sipping on my hot chocolate. 

"Did he say whose body?", Archie asked. "Where did they find it?", Betty asked almost at the same time. Okay, weird. 

"The investigation's ongoing but it was a gruesome execution at the motel. Blood and brains splattered all over the duvet", Kevin smiled. "Okay, Kev. We get it", Archie snapped. 

"I gotta go", Betty mumbled as she stormed out of the students' lounge. 

I quickly went after her as she rushed into the woman's bathroom. When I opened the door I heard her puking and I quickly went to the bath stall where she was crunched over the toilet. 

"Oh, Betty. Are you okay?", I asked the girl that was now leaning against the wall with tears in her eyes, "Do you need some help?"

"I'm fine, Lou", Betty answered. "Let me grab you a towel", I told her. 

"I said I'm fine", my brother's girlfriend snapped. I then looked at her collar where some puke was still on, "You have puke on your collar". 

As I walked out of the bathroom I ran right into my gay best friend. "Spill", he ordered.