Sick Together - Jachary

JACK'S POV

Poor Zach has been sick all week. A cold that won't quit, and he can barely eat anything his stomach hurts so badly. I want to do something for him, to make him feel better faster, but honestly the only thing I can do is wait.

"Jack," I hear Zach whine from upstairs. I sigh and go up to him.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask, sitting next to him in bed and feeling his forehead. "You're burning up!"

"What? No way. I'm freezing," Zach says, shivering.

"We should take your temperature again," I say, getting up to get the thermometer. Zach sticks it in his mouth. "102.4! Zach, how are you cold?"

Zach shrugs weakly. "I don't know baby. I just feel horrible."

I hug him. "No don't!" He says, pushing me off lightly. "I don't want to get you sick!"

"I don't care," I say kissing his forehead. "I wish I could make you feel better."

"Me too," he says smiling. He falls asleep in my arms and I kiss him one last time before going back downstairs.

Two hours later, I go back upstairs with soup and Advil for Zach. "Angel, are you awake?"

"Yeah I'm up," Zach says from his place in bed. He pauses Stranger Things and reaches out his arms for me.

"I brought you soup," I say, putting the bowl on the nightstand and brushing my hand across his forehead. "You're not as warm."

"But you are," Zach says, looking at me with concern. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine," I say, brushing it off. "Call if you need anything."

Turns out I wasn't fine. An hour later, I was curled up next to Zach with a fever of 103.1, both of us sick.

"At least we're sick together," Zach laughs. I do too and kiss him on the cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too gorgeous."

We both look at each other, mischief in our eyes.

"On three," I say, and he nods. "One...two...three!"

"Jonah!" We yell, laughing as we hear Jonah groan and come clumping up the stairs to take care of us.

~