We Kiss, We Make Up - Zonah

JONAH'S POV

"And don't you dare slam that door!" I yell up the stairs to Zach. Two seconds later I hear him slam the door, causing the pictures on the wall to rattle. I sigh. Another day, another fight. After Zach and I moved in together, I expected it to bring us closer, not rip us apart.

And yet, that's all that was happening.

Two hours later, Zach came down the stairs, keys in hand. "Where are you going?"

"Corbyn's," he answers shortly. "For the night. So enjoy your big empty house. I'm not taking this shit anymore."

"Woah, woah, woah," I say, throwing another crushed can onto the coffee table and jumping up to grab his arm. "Who said it was okay to leave like this?"

"Free will," Zach replies sarcastically. "Let go of me Jonah."

"Zach, we have to work this out. You can't just leave."

"Watch me." Zach shakes himself out of my grasp, heading toward the front door once more. I step in front of him, snaking my arms around his waist.

"Jonah, let go," Zach complains, grabbing at my wrists to free himself. I smirk and kiss him, and he stops trying to rid himself of my arms immediately.

"Stop, stop, stop," he says, breaking away from my lips, looking at me skeptically. "You're drunk."

I shake my head. "No I'm not baby. Not in the slightest."

"Then what were the crushed cans on the coffee table for?" Zach smirks, thinking he's got me.

I match his smirk. "Ever hear of a little thing called soda?"

He flushes red. "I-"

"Don't worry about it sweetheart," I say, almost teasing him.

"You're not drunk?"

"Nope. I'm not."

Zach nods, pulling his lip between his teeth. "Okay, you can let go now."

"I know because I can feel things clearly, think clearly. That sounds stupid, I know," I say, ignoring him and going on, chuckling. "And I know I'm going to sound like a sappy dumbass saying all this shit but I don't care." I kiss his neck, singing his praises between kisses.

"Jonah..."

"I feel your love, your happiness, your sunshine. It's not numbed, it's not cloudy, nothing jumbled or confused. When I look at you, all I feel is love. Even when we fight, there's still love underneath it all. I wish it didn't need to be underneath everything else, but at least it's there."

"Jonah," Zach says, looking up at me with brown eyes. "That was-"

"Sweet? Yeah I know. I'm a total babe," I say jokingly, dipping down to kiss him again. "How lucky you are to have me."

"Don't get cocky there, Marais," Zach laughs, but quickly becomes serious again. "I wish we could stop fighting though. I hate it."

"Me too baby."

"So why do we do it?"

"That's what we need to figure out," I sigh. "Stress, anxiety, I don't know. We'll figure it out together, I promise. But not now. I've got too much energy to sit still. You still thinking about leaving?"

"Not at all," he smiles, and I take his hand like we're teenagers again, and run, leading him upstairs to our room and locking the door.

~