Out Of Love - Jarbyn

Corbyn's eyes were bloodshot. His throat was dry, and he had cried so much that he had run out of tears.

He sat on the master bathroom floor, looking at a card he found crumpled in one of Jack's hoodies.

J-baby,
I love you so much I can't even begin to explain it. Your smile is brighter than the sunshine, and your laugh makes me the happier than anything else in this world. Thank you for a wonderful first year of us love! Here's to so many more.
xoxo Gabbie

So many questions raced through his mind. Who was Gabbie? Why was she thanking Jack for a year of 'us'? How long had Jack been lying to him?

"Bean?"

Shit. Corbyn had forgotten to lock the door. Jack pushed it open after a minute, poking his head inside. Upon seeing Corbyn on the floor, Jack dropped next to him. "Babe, what's the matter?"

"What's the matter?" Corbyn scoffed. "What's the matter? What the hell is this Jack?" Corbyn shook the paper in front of Jack's face. "And who is Gabbie? What the hell is going on?"

Jack's eyes fell from Corbyn's face as he toyed with a ring on his hand.

"You're cheating on me," Corbyn said. It wasn't a question. "For a year now, you've been cheating on me."

"Corbyn, you have to understand-"

"What, Jack?" Corbyn threw his hands up in the air. "What could I possibly have to understand about any of this? What is there to understand? You cheated on me - simple!"

There was nothing but heavy silence and soft sniffles from Corbyn for a minute. Then, Corbyn opened his mouth to deliver the final punch - the knockout.

"When did you fall out of love with me?" Corbyn whispered, looking deeply into Jack's eyes. "You could've told me that I wasn't something you wanted. Hell, Jack - you could've broken me in every way, and I would still come back to you. I would've let you. You're everything I thought I knew, everything I thought I needed."

With that, he ripped the note into pieces, and stood, tossing them over Jack. Jack sat on the bathroom floor in a broken confetti storm as Corbyn stormed out, vowing to never return.

That was the last time Jack ever saw him.

~