Midnight Kiss - Zonah

JONAH'S POV

I grab Zach's hand as we step out of the cab. As a Christmas present, I bought Zach and I plane tickets to New York to watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve. And now we're here, in Times Square, just the two of us.

"It's so cold," Zach says, his cheeks redder with the bitter cold of NYC. He pulls his beanie down further over his ears. "It never got this cold in Texas on New Year's."

I laugh. "Aren't you excited?"

Zach smiles, and the lights of all the billboards make his brown eyes flash with colors. "Absolutely!"

Music thumps, and I can feel the vibrations from the bass in my chest, making it feel like my heart is pounding a million miles an hour. Zach and I sing and dance and mess around, enjoying the last night of 2018. In the three months we've been together, we've never been as free as this.

"It's almost midnight!" Zach says excitedly, turning to me, eyes still shining.

"You know, I really love you," I say. "I love the way your eyes shine in the lights, I love how happy you always are, I love how excited you get over the smallest things. I love you Zach. Thank you for making me better."

He smiles. "I love you more Jo."

I shake my head, dipping down. "Not possible."

And although it isn't midnight yet, I kiss him, the last kiss I get from him in 2018. And as he pulls away, we hear everyone else around us.

"Three...two...one...Happy New Year!"

"Happy 2019 baby," Zach whispers, kissing me again. "Here's to another year of us."

~