Exist - Janiel

Jack had noticed something was wrong with Daniel. He barely spoke anymore, he didn't play his instruments as often, and he seemed constantly tired and irritable. Jack wanted to help Daniel. He wanted to know what had happened to the boy he fell in love with.

"Dani, baby, please. You have to talk to me. You have to let me help you." He sat on the edge of their bed, rubbing circles onto Daniel's back, trying to get him to take a breath from sobbing so hard. Daniel's voice came muffled through the pillow, between the sobs.

"Sometimes I wonder why I even exist." Those seven words broke Jack's heart - split it in half and shattered it.

"What?" He asks softly, putting a hand to Daniel's shoulder, making him turn over to face him.

Daniel sits up, sniffling and hiccuping, trying to swallow the sobs. He grabs his phone and unlocks it, handing it to Jack wordlessly.

@100usesforglue: eww you horrible idiot go die in a hole

@WhyDontWeGoDie: you fag get out of here

@AnyoneExceptWDW: you deserve to die. Why do you even exist??

(My heart actually hurt writing that ughhh)

Jack breathes in sharply, ready to spiral out. Instead, he decides that getting angry won't solve anything. "Oh love, I'm so sorry."

"Why do they hate me so much, Jacky?" Daniel whispers, drawing his knees into his chest, head against the headboard. Tears electrified his blue eyes, spilling over his lashes. Jack had never seen him look so small.

"My love, they don't hate you. They can't. They don't know you. They just don't understand."

"But they're in my head!" Daniel whisper-yells, running his hands through his hair. "All the comments, all the Tweets, all the hate...it's all in my head and I want it out!"

Jack pulls Daniel into his chest, the heaving sobs wracking his whole body. "Shh, shh, I know, I know," Jack murmurs.

"Why Jack?" Daniel asks, knowing that Jack won't have the answer.

"It's going to be okay, baby, shh," Jack whispers against Daniel's hair, letting him cry. "Hey, hey, look at me. Look right at me."

Daniel sits up, wiping his eyes on the sleeve of his hoodie.

"I know exactly why you exist," Jack says triumphantly, acting like he just found the solution to global warming.

Daniel cracks a small smile at Jack's confidence. "Tell me." He puts his elbows on his knees, locking his hands in front of his legs.

"You exist for me."

"What?"

"Daniel, before you, I was a mess. I was broken, I was sad, I was a trainwreck waiting to happen. You came into my life and made me so happy. You were the sunshine in my darkest day. You are the reason my heart beats. You exist because you were born to love me. You were born for me to love." Daniel smiles now, big enough to reveal the tooth gap that Jack loved so much, his eyes brightening a little. "So," Jack continues, picking Daniel's phone back up from the bed, "let's show them what you're really made of, yeah?" He hands Daniel his phone. Daniel accepts it, beaming now, the sunshine back in his face. After typing for a minute, he shows Jack the screen, giggling uncontrollably, proud of himself for what he'd done.

@DanielSeavey replying to @AnyoneExceptWDW:

@AnyoneExceptWDW: you deserve to die. Why do you even exist??

@DanielSeavey: because my parents loved each other very much. Ask Corbyn if you want the in-depth explanation of how that works. I'm proud of who I am, so back the hell off. Thanks.

"Good for you, baby," Jack says, pressing a kiss to Daniel's temple.

"I love you Jack. Thank you for always making me stronger."

"I love you more, my love. Thank you for making me better in every way."

~