Snow Day - Dorbyn

It was snowing.

Corbyn looks up from his book and glances outside. The flakes are blowing heavily around, and everything is covered in a sheet of powdery snow.

"Daniel, honey!" He calls upstairs.

Daniel thumps down the stairs, carrying yet another trash bag filled with things he had cleaned out of the closet. He sets it by the front door. "Yes?"

Corbyn gestures to the window. "Look!"

Daniel lights up when he sees the snow. "Yes! Finally, a reason to take a break from cleaning out that closet!" He walks over to Corbyn and places one hand on his chest, excitement dancing in his eyes. "How would you feel about a snow day?"

"I'll get the coats!" Corbyn says eagerly, and Daniel runs back upstairs to get their winter boots. Once suited up, the two make their way outside, bundled up against the cold. With the snow falling slowly and softly around them, it seems like they're standing in the middle of a snow globe.

Corbyn eyes the shovel, knowing that they'd eventually have to clear out the driveway. But before he can get to it, Daniel says, "Corbs, catch!"

Corbyn turns just in time to see a white ball of snow flying at him. It hits him in the chest and explodes, spraying snow everywhere. He shakes snowflakes out of his blonde hair, gives Daniel a grin, and says, "That's it. This means war!"

Daniel laughs and ducks as Corbyn throws a snowball back at him. He dives behind a tree, continuing to make more snowballs, when Corbyn comes from around the opposite side of the tree and throws snow all over Daniel's face. Daniel does the same to him, and the two are overcome with giggles.

"All right, all right, I call a truce!" Daniel says, holding out his pinky finger.

"Deal," Corbyn says, making a pinky promise. "Do you want to build a snowman?"

"It doesn't have to be a snowman!" Daniel sings back.

Corbyn laughs. "I'll take that as a yes." He rolls up three balls of snow, and - upon Daniel's request - rolls three more for a Daniel snowman and a Corbyn snowman. Daniel finds some sticks for arms and pinecones for the face, and by the time they're done, two snowmen are smiling back at them.

"They're perfect!" Daniel says. Corbyn just looks at him, a small smile on his lips. Daniel is perfect in Corbyn's eyes, and Corbyn loves seeing him happy. "What?" Daniel asks.

"I love you," Corbyn says simply, and it's enough to make Daniel's heart melt.

"I love you too," he says, planting a sweet little kiss on the blonde boy's lips. "Now, let's go inside and make hot chocolate. It's freezing out here!"

Corbyn laughs and follows Daniel into the house, holding his hand the whole way.

~