Never Leaving You - Jachary

Jack knew something was up with Zach the second he walked through the door that night.

"Hey baby," he says, greeting him at the door, "how was your night out with Dani and Corbs?"

Zach looks Jack in the eye, and suddenly bursts into tears and collapses on the couch.

"Zachy! What's wrong, my love?"

"The psychic w-we went to s-see tonight said that a v-very important person in my life c-could be leaving for a w-while - possibly forever!" Zach bawls, his hands covering his eyes as he stutters over almost every word. "Sh-she said it was a...a boy! And I thought of you! And...and..." Zach can't even put a sentence together with how upset he is.

"Zachy..." Jack cuddles the boy closer to him, kissing his hair softly. "I-" Jack doesn't even get to finish before Zach cuts him off. "Promise me something," Zach says.

"Anything, my love."

"Promise me you'll never walk away, you'll never leave me. Promise me you'll stay."

Jack couldn't help it. He tried, he really did. But suddenly, he just burst out laughing.

"Jack!" Zach laments. "This is important!"

"I know my love, I know, and I'm sorry." Jack calmed himself down a bit before he said anything else. "I just think it's cute that you're worried that I would ever even consider leaving you."

"You mean it?" Zach's brown eyes lock on Jack's with a childlike dependence in them, like the kind a preschooler has when their mom drops them off at school for the first time.

"Darling, never in my life would I ever think about going away. You are my sunshine, my love, my best friend. I don't think I could live without you."

"Promise?"

"Of course, my love. They would have to drag me away from you, and even then I would put up the biggest fight you've ever seen." Jack's smile widens as Zach leans a head on his shoulder. "I love you, Zachary Dean Herron."

"I love you too, Jack Robert Avery. With all my heart. Thank you for everything you do and are. Thank you for being mine."

"Always, my love."

~