All I Know - Jarbyn

JACK'S POV

Corbyn leads me up the hiking trail in early morning sunlight, the sun just beginning to peek out from over the horizon. "Corbs, how much longer?" I ask him.

"C'mon Jacky, we're almost there." His bright green eyes sparkle in the dim light, and his smile makes me feel warm inside. "Do you want me to carry you?"

I nod, reaching my arms around his neck. I rest my head on his shoulder, stealing his sunglasses as I look toward the sun, falling asleep to the swaying of Corbyn's footsteps.

"Jack...wake up...we're here..."

I open my eyes to see the sunrise - pink skies glowing with gold - over Oahu, where Corbyn and I are vacationing for our three year anniversary, along with celebrating my 25th birthday.

"Wow," I breathe. Corbyn puts me down, and I walk to the edge. "It's so beautiful." I look around, noticing that we're the only two people at the top. "Why aren't there more people up here?"

"So I could do this." I turn around to Corbyn smiling shyly, pulling a ring out of his pocket and kneeling down.

"Bean..." I say, falling to my knees next to him. "Do you even know what you're doing?"

He chuckles, his eyes glowing in the golden morning. "I've thought about this for a long time, Jack. Now can you please stand up so I can propose to you properly?"

I stand, smiling hard, and letting happy tears flow. "Go ahead."

"Jack Robert Avery, you make me the happiest person on the planet. You bring out the best in me, you make me smile, and I know that you're never leaving my side, no matter how far away I could ever try to push you." Corbyn's crying now, shaking as he takes my hands in his. "All I know is that I love you, more than anything, and I want to be with you forever. So will you marry me?"

"Yes," I say, pulling him up after he puts my ring on, the silver band fitting perfectly. Taking his perfect face in my hands, I kiss him softly and slowly in the sunrise.

All I know is that I need him. All he knows is that he needs me. And all we know is that we are together forever - and nothing will ever change that.

~