No More Heartbreak - Dorbyn

"Corbyn?" Daniel knocks quietly on the door, pushing it open to see Corbyn sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. "Are you okay?"

Corbyn can't even get a word out. He shakes his head and his shoulders start shaking, opening his arms for Daniel. Corbyn's sobs break Daniel down one by one, and he takes the blonde into his arms, resting his head on the tearful boy's shoulder. "Aww, Corbs, don't cry. Please don't cry."

"She did it again," Corbyn chokes out, referring to his ex-girlfriend, Christina. She'd broken his heart over and over again, and Corbyn was too forgiving. He kept letting her back in. "Again. After she'd promised. After she'd promised not to."

"Corbyn," Daniel sighs. He wraps a protective arm around the blonde's shoulders, letting him cry it all out. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't do that," Corbyn says. "It only makes it worse."

Daniel picks his head up off of Corbyn's shoulder, furrowing his brow. "What do you mean?"

Corbyn shakes his head, not answering Daniel's question. "What am I doing? Why am I doing this to myself?"

"Corbyn," Daniel says, watching Corbyn get up off the bed and start pacing, all the tears in his eyes disappearing, being replaced by fire. "What are you talking about?"

"You!" Corbyn says, running his hands through his hair, and burning that fire right into Daniel's icy blue eyes. "What was I thinking, going back to her for so long?"

Daniel sits there, stunned. "Me?"

"Yes, you," Corbyn says, laughing in a kind of disbelief. "Beautiful, wonderful, you. God, I can't even say it! I can't even tell you!"

Daniel's heart picks up speed, beating out of his chest. Corbyn had been Daniel's crush for over a year now, but he'd kept it quiet for fear of messing up the relationship between Corbyn and Christina. But when that had begun to fall apart, Daniel had been the only one Corbyn ever called. Not Jonah, not Jack, not Zach, but Daniel.

"Corbyn," Daniel whispers. "Tell me what?"

"That I love you!"

The words ring in the air, and Corbyn pinches the bridge of his nose, breathing hard. It was like it had taken everything in him to say that, and Daniel senses that it wasn't the first time Corbyn thought about saying it.

After a deep breath and a stunned silence, Corbyn explains himself. "Daniel, every single time I went back to Christina, it wasn't because I wanted her. I wanted you. But I was too afraid to tell you how I felt, so I just let myself get heartbroken, over and over again, so that I didn't screw everything up between us. I was going crazy not telling you. But you're the one that I want. It's only you."

Daniel gets up off the bed, wondering if he was dreaming. Everything he'd wanted to tell Corbyn had just come out of the other boy's mouth. It was all he wanted to hear forever.

Saying nothing, he takes Corbyn's face into his hands and kisses him, giving Corbyn the only answer he needed to confirm that telling Daniel was everything he needed to do. To confirm that Daniel was everything he needed.

"Never let yourself get heartbroken so much again," Daniel says, smiling as he leans his forehead on Corbyn's. "Please."

Corbyn answers, relief flowing through him from finally telling Daniel everything. "Never again. Not with you."

~