Dancing in the Snowstorm - Donah

JONAH'S POV

I step off my plane into the cold Minnesota air and smile. I'm finally home.

Daniel steps off the plane too, gasping as he sees the mountains in front of him. "It's beautiful here."

"I know," I say, taking his hand. "Are you excited for your first Minnesota Christmas?"

"I am," Daniel says, grinning. "Nervous for my first Frantzich Chrismas though." He looks down at his shoes, the grin disappearing.

"Hey," I say, cupping his chin and making his ocean blue eyes meet my strong hazel ones, "they're going to love you."

He runs his thumb over my knuckles as he takes my hand in his. "I hope so."

An hour later, we pull up to my family's house. "Mom!" I yell, seeing her open the door.

"My boy is home!" She yells back, running over like an excited kid and hugging me tightly. Then, seeing Daniel get out of the car, she walks over to him and hugging him too. Sure, Daniel's met my parents and sisters and brother, but never my extended family. My younger siblings greet Daniel like he's an old friend that only comes around rarely anymore, even though we've been together for almost three years.

We stay for a while, and then I tell Daniel I have a surprise for him. We get back in the car, much to the protests of my family, and tell them we'll be back in two hours.

"Where are we going?" Daniel complains for the fifth time.

"You really don't understand the whole point of a surprise, do you?" I laugh pulling into a parking space.

"Ice skating? Yes!" Daniel yells, unbuckling excitedly and jumping out of the car. I laugh and follow him out, renting skates from the rink and pulling them on.

I take Daniel's hand and lead him carefully onto the ice. As soon as he steps on, he loses his balance, his hips falling forward before I grab his forearm and pull him upright. His cheeks, already red from the cold, get even pinker from his blushing.

"Just like our first date," he says, regaining his composure and skating along, pulling me with him. "Do you remember?"

I smile. "I took you ice skating in LA, and you complained because there wasn't any snow falling like in Portland. I remember the next day, you made me get up early and you drove us up to the mountains, where it was snowing. Best weekend away we've ever had together."

Daniel matches my grin, showing off the little gap in his teeth that he hates but I love. "That it was." We skate in silence for a few laps, getting passed out by little kids, only for them to fall and be behind us again.

"I love you," I blurt out.

"I love you too, Jonah," Daniel says, kissing our intertwined hands. "I have an idea. Up for an adventure tomorrow?"

"With you? Always," I laugh. "I'll tell my family."

"I promise we won't be gone all day," Daniel says quickly. "But I'm still not telling you what we're doing."

"Meanie," I whine.

Daniel laughs. "You love me."

"That's the truth," I admit, smiling.

The next morning, Daniel wakes me up early. I'm talking 4:30 AM early.

"Get up baby. It's time for our adventure," Daniel whispers.

"Idon'twannagetup," I say all in one breath, pulling the blanket over my head. Daniel, the smart-ass he is, simply untucks the comforter from the end of the bed, throwing it up over my head, leaving it up near the headboard. I groan and whine and finally get up, much to my protests.

Falling asleep in the car to the sound of Daniel singing, I wake up and all I can see is the sky.

"Morning baby," Daniel says, handing me a cup of coffee - bless his soul.

"Where are we?"

"On a mountain," Daniel says sassily. I smile. He blushes and keeps talking. "It's not the same as our first date, but-"

"Wait, wait, wait," I interrupt. "You brought me up here to recreate our first date?"

Daniel blushes madly and I know I must've hit a home run. I take his hand in mine.

"It's not exactly the same, I know," he says, meeting my eyes. "But it's something."

"Thank you."

Daniel chuckles softly. "Now all we're missing is-"

"Snow!" I jump out of the car like a little kid, pulling Daniel out with me.

He frowns. "It didn't snow on our first date."

I know what he meant was that all we were missing were the rest of the boys spying on us, but I'm too excited about the snow to care. I giggle.

"I know, dumbass," I say, swatting his arm. "But look, it's snowing!" I pull him closer and we sway in the storm.

"Dancing in the snowstorm," Daniel laughs. "Not something I'd do with anyone else."

"Me neither," I agree, kissing his chilled nose. "Love you."

"I love you too gorgeous."

~