Ruler of the World - Donah

"All right, Jack," Jonah says, waltzing down the halls to his office. "What's on the agenda today for the ruler of the world?"

What had started off as a small modeling gig had turned into something completely different, and soon there wasn't a problem in the world that Jonah couldn't solve. Everyone loved him, and if you didn't, all it took was one single glance and you fell - hard. There wasn't a person alive that wasn't infatuated with Jonah. Well, except for one.

As Jack begins to read off a long list, Jonah takes a seat behind a massive desk and gulps his coffee. Scalding hot. Just how he liked it.

"You have to call the president of America and the Queen of England back over an issue with Canada - a simple fix really, and-" Jack's voice falters as he cuts himself off.

"What is it?" Jonah snaps. "Spit it out, I'm a busy man."

"Daniel Seavey has been reported vandalizing your billboards again, sir," Jack says nervously. "That's the fourth time this week. We need to decide what to do about him."

Daniel Seavey...

Now that was a name Jonah hadn't heard since his days in the modeling industry. He'd missed it, more than he would prefer to admit. For after the world had been united under him, Jonah forgot about Daniel. And it's hard to forget someone as special, as wonderful, as amazing, as Daniel. But Jonah wanted power more than anything back then, a decision he regretted deep down in his soul. But he'd never admit it out loud. Why have the love of one person when the love of the whole world had just been offered to you?

Jonah leans back in his chair, pressing his fingertips together in a small triangle. "Have Zach and Corbyn bring him in. Forcefully, if necessary."

"Yes sir," Jack says, closing the heavy marble doors on his way out of the office.

A while later, Jonah has exactly what he wanted.

"Yes, President Rose, just a simple misunderstanding is all. And Queen Elizabeth is working to resolve the unrest in Canada. Thank you both for your reports." Jonah ends the conference call with a sigh, looking out the window of his office to the European side of the world. From his skyscraper, the view could easily provide a look of the whole planet, and despite the hour long elevator ride to get up to it every day, it was one of Jonah's favorite things on earth.

"Sir?" Jack says through the intercom from his office halfway down the building.

"What is it Jack?" Jonah was an easily irritated person. Maybe not the best trait to have when you're trying to keep a world together. Something could crumble and fall apart at any second.

"Zach and Corbyn are on their way up to your office - with Daniel Seavey," Jack's voice crackled. "They should arrive soon; I put them on your personal elevator at the quickest speed."

"Thank you, Jack," Jonah says, considerably less annoyed.

Jonah smiles. Let the games begin. Again.

"Let me go!" Daniel screams, trying to wriggle his way out of Corbyn and Zach's death-like grips. They didn't even knock as they burst through the door, throwing Daniel halfway across the room.

"You two can go," a voice says from the window. "This is a personal matter."

Corbyn and Zach shut the doors, leaving an ominous thud echoing through the room. Daniel stands as the man he hated most turns slowly, making his way to his desk.

As the ruler of the world, Jonah expected everyone to fall head-over-heels in love with him. He had everyone on the planet brainwashed - everyone except Daniel.