Chapter 6B - What the hell? Part 2

James Purefoy as High Lord Rafael 'Rafe' Klyne

*********************************************************************

                                                    RAFE

Did he just say another mate?

"Are you saying you're his mate, Salim?"

"Me, no, no, no but are you sure he's your mate?"

"I almost strangled my only niece because I got a whiff of his scent on her, confirming he's my mate. So yes, HE. IS. MY. MATE!"

"Well then, you're welcome to come see your mate, but I'll caution you to be prepared."

"I'm prepared to do more than see my mate, I'm coming for my mate. Be prepared for what?"

"Nothing, nothing, when will you be here?"

"Tomorrow. Alpha Salim do I have permission to enter your territory?"

"Permission granted, High Lord Klyne. See you tomorrow."

Another mate? What on earth is going on? I sit back on the bed, wondering what my mate has in store for me. No matter what, I am not losing my mate to anyone, not even to the Sun god himself.

                                                       CAL

Waking up on the softest mattress, in a warm and comfortable room on my own time is divine. My alarm didn't go off at four am but I woke up because my body is so used to getting up at that hour and had to force myself to go back to sleep. What luxury, I'm liking it here.

We're making more rounds of the pack and so far, Summer has shown us all the amenities in the house. The gym, swimming pool, spa, sauna/steam room, basketball court, tennis court, theater room, several kitchens, you name it they have it. No wonder these cubs are always hanging around. There's something for everyone.

Roland and Serena have decided to continue with their online high school classes. They feel that transferring to the pack school may delay their graduation date. Roland hangs around the pack construction crew after school much to Joaquim's dismay. Roland with all those muscled werecats and their bare six-pack chests is frustrating his mate.

Serena loves to hang with the cubs, and they are wearing her out, but she loves it. These cats are fast. She says she'll love to have a daycare center which surprisingly the pack doesn't have. The cubs love her and when they all shift and run around in the yard it is a funny sight. A werewolf and cubs playing around and chasing each other is freaking hilarious.

Raven is also looking into online colleges, she says she wants to be a medical doctor, a psychiatrist! Is this girl nuts? She wants to know what makes people tick. You would think she'll know that by now with all we've been through. On a good note, she and Serena seem closer now after the big reveal that they are mates.

I visit Dr. Derek Granger with Summer and Raven at the pack hospital. He is a character that one, asking a lot of questions, rattling them off one after the other: how the herbs are made, how I started, can I work with him? He is a lot to take in.

Personally, I'm more interested in the forest, particularly the types of plants and herbs growing in this area. I hope to find most of the ones I use for my products. So, I take a more focused walk through the forest making sure I wasn't crossing park land. I find the herbs we need for our products and bagged some new ones to experiment with.