Chapter 35 - First step

Brittany Snow as Esme Wood

**********************************************

RULING COUNCIL

"The Sun god has no solution to our problem," Original Drago tells his comrades.

"Neither does my goddess." Elder Thomas says.

"He did tell us that we were made privy by the prophecy they gave to us, but we chose to ignore their warning. He said that the Ancient One has chosen these two to do what my god and your goddess failed to do for millennia," continues Original Drago.

"The Moon goddess warned us that they will be infused with powers greater than our combined ones," cautions Wein Shade.

"That I will like to see," sneers Elder Wolffang.

"How is this supposed to work? Do we report to them? Do they rule in our place? What?" Wein Sheng asks.

"I don't know, Sheng. All that we're told is that they are the Chosen Ones. And with that comes more power than ours."

"Moon goddess also said they were warned to fix things but..."

"...they never could agree on anything. Just like us sometimes," Original Lucien interrupts Elder Conan.

"The Moon goddess also said the Omega renounced her? For your Sun god. What the fuck? Has that ever been done?" Elder Farrar wonders.

"And to make matter worse, Sun god tells us that their calls to him will now always take precedence over ours."

"Our Moon goddess said the same. Even though he is no longer hers, she is bound to help him if he ever calls on her before us too," Wein Aphid moans.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Rants El Payne. "Dargon you've been very quiet through all this. No opinion, my friend?"

"We've always known the prophecy, and you threw it in my face several times. 'Don't fight the prophecy', you said. Well, the prophecy is coming to pass so suck it up!"

"What did you just say to me?" El Payne shoves El Dargon against the table.

"Gentlemen, please! Not now." Yells Original Drago. "We are in uncharted territory and we need to work together. Remember we are the ruling council. The buck stops with us. Let's send for them and see what we are up against."

"At least we agree to give them their school, maybe that will placate them?" Wein Shade wonders.

"Maybe, we'll see. Come, my brothers, let's be united for once," Elder Conan says.

"Bring them to us," Original Vlad commands the guards.

"And so it starts," whispers El Dargon.

CAL

This time there is a slight change in the atmosphere. The Ruling Council members are no longer sure and in command. Esme and I, on the other hand, are certain and determined. My mates, Cole, Esme and I bow to the Ruling Council and wait for Original Drago to speak.

"Leave us!" He commands the guard. "Now we have two matters in front of us to settle. The first is the request to build this school. Tell us more about it," he asks.

"Thank you, Original Drago. This school has we previously mentioned will be in Nebraska. It will be available to all supernaturals, all ranks, all genders. There will be no division. This is our short-term plan. Our long-term goal includes expanding this school into a little city of its own. Protected by every one of us, including you sirs if you choose."