Chapter 33 - Ancient One vs...

Jason Dolley  as Cal Yorke

***********************************************

                                                               CAL

"This is ridiculous. We're not asking for the moon for goodness' sake. I don't understand their refusal." I scream in frustration.

"Your proposal probably sounds like you're trying to replace them..."

"As if I'll do that."

"... or you're planning something new that will disrupt the way things have always been," Rafe concludes.

"If Esme and I are to lay the groundwork, which is getting all supernatural to live in peace, we have to start somewhere. And no better place than turning that awful compound in Nebraska into a school for all supernatural."

Rafe, Darric, Esme and I are in our den. I called a meeting after I received the third negative response from the ruling council on our project. The Nebraska compound we learned is under Julian's name. And all his possessions reverts back to the Klynes, so we decide to build a school for all supernatural on the land.

To do that, we need the permission of the ruling council, and their answer all three times has been emphatically NO!

"They have been ruling the supernatural world for centuries, they are not about to give that power to anyone else." Darric says.

"No one wants their power," Esme replies, sitting with her legs crisscross on the sofa.

"You know that and I know that, but they don't believe it," Rafe says.

"I'm done pussyfooting around this issue. Esme, we need to meet with them in person. We can't wait for them to get off their high horses."

"That will be a suicide mission. I don't recommend it." Darric cautions.

"I'll like to see them try anything," Esme mutters.

"Okay everyone, let's all calm down. Let's put on our thinking caps and find a way for you two to start this school without pissing off the ruling council," says Rafe.

"And how do you suggest we go about doing that when we have been turned down three times without a reason? I am done with their arrogance." I march over to the desk and pick up the phone to make the call.

"Wait, before you call them, can we talk in private," Esme asks?

"Sure. Guys, will you give Esme and me a minute, please?"

"No problem. Cal, we support you 110%. We're just worried that you may push the ruling council to their limit. And we know what happens when they go berserk." Says Darric.

"And what do you think will happen to all of us if Esme and I disobey the creator of us all?"

"Point taken. We'll see you later."

Rafe and Darric leave the den.

I walk over and sit beside Esme. "Okay, what's up? Are you in disagreement with the plan? I can't do any of this without you."

"No, the plan is perfect. You and I both know that to change the future, we have to start with the young ones. I like the idea where everyone is treated equally. It is a good start. The older ones will be tougher to change, case in point the ruling council. I just wanted to make sure you're up for this fight. Something tells me we're heading into a storm. I have to know that you are ready for whatever comes our way. You have mates and you have to think about them before we take on the ruling council."