Chapter 34...The Ruling Council

Jason Dolley as Cal Yorke

***************************************

                                                      CAL

I don't know how long I've been out cold, but I wake up to see Original Drago and Elder Alexi peering down at me. I slowly sit up and look towards Esme. El Dargon has her in his arms. She wakes up, looks around and jerks out of El Dargon's hold. He stands up slowly and joins the other two.

"Are you okay?" I mind link her.

"Yes, groggy but okay. You?"

"Could be better."

I slide closer to Esme. The closer I get to Esme, the more my blood sizzles. I move closer till I am holding on to her. I hug her close to me and a warming feeling courses through my body.

Surrounding us in a circle are all fifteen members of the ruling council. The air is musty and constrictive. My breaths come out in short, rapid bursts. Their combined powers are battling the news ones ranging through my body. My heartbeat is racing uncontrollably. My growing powers instinctively want to counter their actions and bring their power to subjugation. But I remember what the Ancient One said, that at first, we must learn to kneel to rise. So, I mentally subdue my powers for now. Humility first.

"Esme, you feel like counteracting their powers, right?"

"You got that right."

"Don't for now. Let's see what they plan to do. And besides, we need to learn what powers we have inherited and how to use them."

"They're trying to suffocate us. They need to be brought down a peg or two, Cal."

"I know. Maybe but not now, please?"

"Okay. For now."

"Rise!" Original Drago orders us.

I prop myself up and help Esme stand. My knees are wobbly or is it the floor that's shaky. Finally, on our feet, a sudden mishmash of their voices bombard my brain and I tether a bit. I can ACTUALLY LISTEN IN ON THEIR MIND LINK? SHIT!

"Why are these two the chosen ones? An Omega and a witch? I thought the chosen ones will be two from the council but these two?" Elder Thomas yells through their link.

"I must confess that was my assumption too, but we all saw and heard the Ancient One's proclamation," Original Drago tells him.

"What are we going to do?"

"We must hold them till we unilaterally decide on what to do. About this new development and their request about the school."

"Exactly. This time there must be no division in our decision."

"Sheng's right, it is us against them from what we just witnessed."

"Are you saying we fifteen are to go to war with these two AND the Ancient One? And are you all prepared for any consequences."

"Listen, all anger and disbelief aside, whatever we do, we can never go against the Ancient One. My Sun-god cannot save my soul neither will your Moon goddess, so let's come up with another solution, okay?"

"First things first, put them in the holding room for now while we deliberate on what to do."

"The school they want to build is now the least of our worries."

"Dargon you have not said a word. Why, because she's your daughter?"

"In this time, in this era, two will mate and two will sprout. Two will be chosen, and two will die. A reborn of all creatures will begin," recites a deadpan El Dargon.