Chapter 16 - Trouble in Tri-dise?

Disclaimer: This chapter talks about psychiatry/psychology treatment. I am not belittling the effects of treatment of any mental disorder. This chapter is strictly for entertainment purposes only. If you need help, please see a qualified provider.

Rafe's POV

Things have been strained with Darric since Callum and I made love. He will not return our calls and he seems to have just opted to disappear. Hiding from us isn't going to cut it. That is not happening. No mate of mine will run out on me. This childish behavior has to stop.

"Are you ready?" I turn to Callum worried about his demeanor. Since we got the phone call from our mate yesterday, and when subsequent tries to reach him have failed, Callum has been consumed with guilt. Why? I don't know. I managed to convince him to take a trip with me to Darric's pack and settle this once and for all.

"My Lord?" Jeffery knocks on our door.

"Yes."

"Lord Nikolas will like a word with you before you leave."

"Okay. Callum, Jeffery will walk you to the car and I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Okay," he replies sounding morose.

I stop him on his way to the door and kiss him, hard enough to elicit a moan. Good!

"Everything will be alright, I promise." That's one promise I intend to keep one way or the other for both our sakes.

I make haste to my parent's suite. I have an inkling what my father wants to talk about. Jeffery! He'll be the third person to 'talk' about the ritual. This is getting ridiculous!

"Good morning father," I greet as I walk into their suite. My mother is having breakfast, while my dad is pacing up and down. He faces me and motions for me to sit. I kiss my mother and I take the seat beside her.

"Something wrong?" I feign ignorance.

"Don't be flippant with me Raphael. You know very well what I must talk to you about."

"Raphael is it? Must be really important, right mother?"

"I don't know why he's fussing, I told him you'll take care of things before Jeffery has to 'recall' your mates."

"Ah! The 'recall'. Father, I have two more weeks and I will find a way to get my mates on board. I won't have them 'recalled'."

"No one in this family has ever waited this close to 'recall' date, Rafe. I'm worried about your mates and you."

"I get it. First Jeffery then Original Drago, now you. I know what I am doing."

"Do you? What will you do when you cannot find them? And no one can help you, unh? Tell me!"

"It won't come to that, I will tell them soon and convince them to go through the ritual."

"Fine. Let me give you the same advice passed on to me by my father when it was your mother's turn. Mate with both of them before they leave."

"Why?"

"I don't know exactly what happens to them, and your mother had no recollection of her time with Jeffery, but I felt every pain she went through. Sharing the pain with her through our bond allowed her to endure the process."

"Mother?" I hug her, wondering how painful it must have been for her and my father.

"Like he said love, I don't remember anything, not even the pain. But I agree with your father, hurry up. They will not give you a minute longer, you know that."