Chapter 10 - We're mates too, now what?

Jason Dolley as Cal Yorke

**************************************************************

                                               RAVEN

"This is not good, this is not good at all," Ravens whispers.

"What is he doing here?" Roland asks as they all look through Esme's window from outside the store.

"What are you doing?" Serena asks.

"Calling Lord Klyne." Roland informs the two.

"What can he do, he's an hour away."

"You forget that he's a vampire."

"Hello Lord Klyne, I think Cal's in trouble. Alpha Darric is here, and it doesn't look good, sir. Okay."

"What did he say?" asks Serena.

"He'll be here in five minutes."

"Esme's in there so he's good for now."

                                                        CAL

"What? How? We rejected each other, remember?"

"But neither of us accepted the rejection so we're still mates."

Just when I think the Moon Goddess can't do her worst, she pulls this stunt?

"That can be fixed, all I need to do is accept your rejection, right? I Callum Yorke..."

"Cal wait, please!"

"What!"

"Please before you accept, can we talk?"

I have never seen Darric look or hear him sound so forlorn in my life. And he's here alone? Is this a new trick?

"So, talk!"

"Okay. Goddess this is hard. Esme help me here?"

"You're on your own, all I had to do is to get him here, the rest is up to you. Grow some balls, man!"

"You brought him here, Esme? You know what he did, and you brought him?"

"Look, Cal, I know you are still his mate, and that needs to be resolved before you can move on with your other mate. Whatever you decide, I've got your back. You're still mates with Darric so I thought I'll help you meet so you can make a final decision."

"Well you thought wrong, and we'll talk about this later!" I snap at her.

"Cal?"

"WHAT?" I yell as I turn back to Darric.

"I'm sorry for all that I did to you. You know it, I am an egomaniac who gets off on being an Alpha. I was brought up to believe that anything or anyone I wanted I can get no matter what or who. Honestly, I never expected you to be my mate. I never thought my mate will be a man. I never gave us a chance. I am so sorry, I can't change the past, but I hope you'll give me another chance."

"And you think that excuses what you put me through?"

"No, no, it doesn't it. But I am hoping you will give me a chance to show you that I have changed. Or at least, I'm trying to change."

"Alpha Darric, I have a mate, he's better than you. He treats me like a mate should. He's never hit me. He has never belittled me. He listens to me and values my opinion. And you think I will give all that up for you?"