Chapter 11B - Omega & Alpha

Disclaimer: This chapter deals with bullying and its effects. I am not condoning or attempting to make light of such a serious issue. If you are a victim of bullying, please let someone know, and do seek help.

THIRD PARTY

"We need to stop hurting him, he didn't do anything wrong. He's never done anything wrong to us," Minerva pleads.

"Yes, he did."

"What did he ever do to you?"

"He was born!" Beta Yorke yells.

CAL

Her gravesite is clean and well groomed. Someone has put fresh flowers there. The words on her headstone are old and worn. I must fix the headstone.

I sit down, facing her headstone, with my legs crossed. I suddenly feel so tired.

"Mother, I wish I had met you. I wish I had known you. All these years no one will talk about you and now you're suddenly the talk of the town. I don't know how I feel about you, I really don't. I love that you were my mother. I thank you for having me. And I thank you for watching over me. Something tells me you wouldn't have let anyone treat me the way they had if you were here. Thank you, mother, I'll visit more." 

I get up to leave and I feel her. I felt her in the house, I just wasn't inclined to make nice with her.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to see you and say Hi."

"Hi."

"I'm glad you're back."

"That's a lie."

"No, truly, I am glad."

"Now that's a first. You've always ignored me, never so much as given me the time of day, so I ask once again, Minerva Yorke what do you want?"

"Please I want my brother back," she answers softly.

My anger flares, "That's too bad because I don't want my sister."

And I walk away, leaving her at her mother's gravesite.

Goddess, I need a release, so I change into Sköll and race across the park land. I run, no idea where I'm heading. I run faster, angry at every one of them. I run faster physically pushing myself hoping my anger will recede. I run until I couldn't run anymore, and I flop down about twenty minutes from the main house. I change back and just lay down. I am physically and emotionally exhausted.

I want Rafe, I need Rafe, I want to leave this place now! My eyes tear up, and I fling my arm over my eyes trying to stop the onslaught of tears.

"Are you okay?" I look up and Darric is there. I sit up, pull my legs up together, lay my head on my knees.

"Cal, what happened?"

I stand up and tell him I want to leave.

"I can't handle anymore tonight. I want Rafe. I need Rafe." I see the hurt in his eyes. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head in agreement.

"Let's go back and I'll call him."

He calls Rafe when we got back to the pack house. Darric's mood is sad and mellow but there's nothing I can do for him. I just want out of here for my sanity's sake.

We sit in silence, each one of us in our own thoughts.

"He's here."

Rafe walks in a few minutes later and I run into his arms, sobbing.

"It's okay everything is going to be okay."

"I didn't touch or hurt him," Darric says.

"I know. You wouldn't have called me if you did. He needs a break."

"From me?"

"Sadly, yes."

"Okay, I'll walk you to your car."

"No need, I didn't bring my car."

"How are..of course. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay."

The next thing we were outside Esme's store beside Rafe's car. He helps me into his car and Esme rushes out of her store.

"Is he okay?"

"He's fine. Just emotionally drained."

"Take care of him."

"Always."

He gets in the car, I wave to Esme and we drive off. I turn to lay back on the car seat, and the lure of the car gradually relaxes my mind and body.

RAFE

I was not surprised to get the call. I knew Cal's going back to BloodRose after all that went down will drain even the strongest wolf.

But what I saw in Darric's office broke my heart: Cal a sobbing mess and Darric a hurting mess. Truthfully, I was torn on whom to comfort first. A lesson I am learning as one with two very different mates.

I put a call to my sister. Georgiana is the only one who can do what I am about to ask her with finesse.

"We're on our way, we should be there in about forty minutes. I need you to clear the house. My mate is in no state to meet anyone now.'

"Done. Back entrance?"

"Yes, thanks."

"I'll let Jeffery know."

"See you in the morning. And Rafe, congrats." Georgiana says.

"Congrats?"

"I know we didn't get to talk much after you dropped the news about having another mate. And he's an Alpha?"

"I'll update you all tomorrow morning."

"I am loving this decade, it's shaping up to be the funniest so far." 

Laughing I end the call. I love my sister. She's the only one who can make fun out of a messy situation. I turn to look at my mate. He's sleeping.

Suddenly I hear him whisper,

"Rafe, I love him." I realize he's not asleep.

"I know."

"What am I going to do?"

I pause and I say the only thing that will heal him, heal Darric and make me complete.

"Forgive him."

Author's Note: Poor Rafe, caught smack dab in the middle. What will he do?

Please don't forget to vote/comments. Toodles!

Disclaimer: This chapter deals with bullying and its effects. I am not condoning or attempting to make light of such a serious issue. If you are a victim of bullying, please let someone know, and do seek help.