Chapter 9 - My mate! Our mate!!

Bren Foster as Alpha Darric Grey

**********************************************************

                                              DARRIC

"What do you mean you've given me two weeks to grow up?" I ask.

"Simple grow up, mature, be responsible, you know adult behaviors, god you're slow."

"Listen, witch, I'm not here to trade words with you. Anyway, did you know that my mate is the son of an Elder? Elder Sorenson?" I ask eager to know more about my mate.

"What!" screams the witch.

Damn, she's loud. And I think she just turned red.

"I see I finally one-up you. Yes, his father, excuse me, stepfather, Beta Yorke gave me the lowdown on how his mother got down and dirty with an Elder and my mate was conceived. It seems his mother also foresaw your friendship with him. Something about you saving him? I'm guessing you didn't know?"

"No, I didn't. That explains somethings. Wow? An Elder? I know someone who might have answers. He has a lot of explaining to do."

"Who?" 

"No one for you to worry about. Is that all?"

"No, just so you know, I'm going to Salim's to get my mate back." I tell her.

"My mate, my mate, my mate! He is not a thing to tussle any which way you deem fit. You're going to get your mate back? Before you do, ask yourself what you want, if it's Cal, get your act together. I am 'Alpha this, Alpha that, hear me, obey me,' will not cut it. Don't you realize by now that Cal is no ordinary Omega?"

"You and I know that you're still his mate, but he is under the impression that the rejection is final. That you're no longer mates, but we know better. If you think you can go and mess with him again, know two things: one, he's stronger, smarter than you and two, even your Moon goddess will not save you from my wrath if you mess with him."

She continues, "can he live without you, hell yes! Can you live without him, I don't think so. If you think he still needs you, think about this, he now has two mates, you have one, do the math and figure out who has more to lose."

When she stops talking, the ground in her store shakes beneath our feet with her fury. She doesn't move an inch, but I teeter on my seat.

Realization dawns on me. My mate doesn't need me, but I need my mate, I want my mate, Goddess help me, I think I love him.

Then I say the one thing I've wanted to say for a while but too proud to admit or say.

"Esme, please help me, I need my mate, I want my mate back."

                                                    CAL

Now two weeks later, we're set to go visit Esme. Rafe decides to go with us. He has some business in the area. And his family is leaving. The plan is to drop us off at Esme, take his family home and then pick us for the return trip back to Crimson River Pack.

Many of us will miss the Klynes and their unconventional ways especially Darren, who now follows Georgiana everywhere with puppy dog eyes much to Raul's annoyance. Their stay has been a real eye-opener for all of us.

These two weeks, Rafe and I have gotten to know each other, spending time together away from his family and my friends. Our favorite time is when we sit together in one of the dens to read. He reads, I watch him.