Chapter 29 - A new dawn.

Cal's POV

A cleansing night. A renewal night. A rebirth night. For all three of us. I wake up to two gigantic heads on my poor chest and two arms entwined across my waist. Definitely a heavy physical load but softer emotional one on my poor lung-suppressed chest. I wiggle gently to make my way to the bathroom and unconsciously wake my mates.

"Don't move," grumbles Rafe.

"I need to, nature calls."

"Fine hurry back."

I make haste and return to find Rafe now hugging Darric. What a cute picture. I guess that's what I get for not hurrying up. I laugh softly.

"What's so funny," Darric rolls onto his back pulling Rafe along.

"The picture you two make is so cute; wish I had my phone."

"We're not cute, we're handsome."

Rafe gets up and makes his way to the bathroom too. I get back in bed, props myself up. Darric turns on his right side facing me.

"So, ready to tell me about renouncing the goddess?"

I knew that was coming, where do I start?

Rafe comes back and pulls the chair to his side of the bed. He sits down, stretches his legs, crisscrossing them on the bed. I look at us and smile at the relaxing aura around us, we make such a great triad.

"Well, when I was strung up in the awful basement, the goddess appeared to me."

"She did? She came to help you, right?"

"No, she came to tell me to hang on! Hang on? All my life, I've called on her to help, no answer. And then she showed up and not to help but there to tell me to hang on? There I was tortured, hurt, and barely hanging on. I was so pissed that I told her where to get off and told her to stick her concerns where the Sun don't shine."

Darric's eyebrows raise so high, they almost disappear into his hair.

"You told off the Moon goddess? The one who created you and I and every were in existence. The one who has command of the moon. The one who..."

"Yes, yes yes that one. In hindsight, mentioning the sun is what probably set her off."

"This is interesting," Rafe says, "so what did she do?"

"Thankfully she didn't kill him because he's still alive," Darric smirks.

"That's where it got really weird and interesting." I sit up, looking back and forth at both of them. Eager to tell them of my experience with our deities.

"Of course, she was pissed off and tried to kill me. Luckily, I have been reading up on the Moon goddess, Sun god, Ancient One, and all of us paranormal. I taught myself both the sun and moon worshippers languages. Just as I was drawing my last breath, I renounced her, called on the Sun god to save me in the sun worshipper's language. Then she went ballistic, raging mad."

"Who taught you the Sun worshipper's language? And what did you say," Rafe, asks?

"Georgiana. And I said, Sun god, un irru xi kaaku quaryapi. Un girqupi kaum puir knurr xaxirr kaak piur mu kruir knurr xyaum crug xi kaum giri giyar kak kaaku. Xagar un knurr xagar kaaku giyab. Halloweth be."

Rafe interprets for Darric, "Sun god, I call on your benevolence. I reject this mother and accept you as my father and have pity on this new child of yours. Save me and save your clan, Halloweth be. Some pronunciations are a bit off but that's the gist of it."

"Well, go on, and then what?"

"I was frozen in place. I couldn't move, talk, nothing but I could see and hear everything going on. You know like sleep paralysis. Then the Sun god appeared and accepted me. Then they got into a huge fight. Something about the rule that they cannot poach on each other's children. One minute the earth was dark, you couldn't even see the white of your eyeballs. The next so bright, it was blinding. I could see the ruling class, the watchers ready to fight each other on behalf of the Moon goddess and the Sun god."