Chapter 12 - High Lord Callum

James Purefoy as High Lord Raphael 'Rafe' Klyne

**************************************************************

RAFE

I carry my exhausted mate through the back entrance up to my suite. I run into no one courtesy of Georgiana, thank god. I am in no mood to answer anyone's questions right now. I lay my mate on our bed, undress him as much as I can without waking him up and tuck him into bed. I go to the bathroom to complete my bedtime rituals.

I climb back into bed and pull my mate to me, I draw his back to my front, swing my hand across his chest to hold him closer. I missed him. It is so good to have him in my arms at last. I can't stop thinking about Darric though. I hope Cal forgives him, that's the only way for all three of us to be happy. While waiting for my mate, now mates, I realize that all the god and goddess can do is mate us, it is up to us to take the gift and be happy. I think Darric realized it too late and his paying the price.

Callum has the power to freeze time? Who knew? I don't know why I'm surprised. One power or more is expected from children of Elders. I wonder if Esme can help him learn how to use it. Esme? Oh, hell no, bad, bad, bad idea. I'll rather ask El Dargon.

I hug Cal tighter and tuck his head in the crook of my neck. I take a deep breath and his breathing lures me to sleep.

CAL

I open my eyes and my head is on someone's chest, I take a deep breath, Rafe. I smile. I snuggle deeper into him.

"You're awake?"

"Umm, I don't want to get up. I want to stay like this forever."

"That might be a problem. We will waste away in hunger and one thing you need to know about me is that I love to eat. Get up, time to face the day. And you have some visitors; Roland, Raven, and Serena."

"Really? Here?"

"Yes, Salim brought them along with his sister, Summer."

I get up and stop, I don't know where the bathroom is. "Where's the bathroom?"

"This way. Let me give you a quick tour of our suite."

"Our suite?" I ask smiling.

"Of course." And he takes me on a tour of our suite. It is huge, bigger than some apartments. I love the huge tub and will like to try that tub but not now. Gotta get a move on. I step out of the bathroom and I walk to the walk-in closet. He had shown me my side of the closet that he set up for me. I have never had these many clothes in my life.

I choose a light blue and white shirt and a pair of tight dark blue pants. I check myself out in the standing mirror and I must admit that I look good. I turn to check out my booty in the tight pants and just had to smack that ass!

"Did you just smack your ass," Rafe asks laughing, leaning against the door in his 'tighty whities'.

"Shit," I cover my face my embarrassment. I grab my socks and shoes and try to squeeze by Rafe.

"That was so such a turn on. Just remember to do that again for me soon. Naked."

"Naked?" I squeak.

"Naked. I bet your ass will turn a nice shade of red," he smiles, bends down and kisses me. "I'll be down in a few minutes." He takes his underpants off and struts naked into the shower. Damn, my mate has a fine ass.

"Jeffery is outside the suite waiting to take you to your friends. I'll take you on the tour of the whole house later."

"Thanks." Fighting the temptation to join him in the shower, I run out of the bathroom and finished dressing. I walk out and there's Jeffery, stoic and unsmiling as ever.